Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First 'serious' roll of 120 through the ol' Kodak 3A
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: First 'serious' roll of 120 through the ol' Kodak 3A Reply with quote

OK, so my 122-to-120 conversion of my ol' Kodak 3A Folding Pocket Camera is complete. Last thing to do was to verify the focus scale next to the rail was accurate. It was WAY off. So I corrected it by putting some wax paper in the film gate and opening the shutter to focus on a subject exactly 25' away, with the camera's focus scale set to 25'.

After I got that done, the sun broke out and it was a perfect day to go try it out.

Framing is off, but that can be corrected. Once I figure out how many turns of the advance knob per frame, I should be able to squeeze 9 frames of 6x7 out of a roll of 120. Now to let it dry and check for focus & sharpness.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on getting it to work. Is that 6x4.5 size?
I like the first shot the most and the third.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Smile[/code]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Congratulations on getting it to work. Is that 6x4.5 size?
I like the first shot the most and the third.

I made a 6x7 film gate. But I could easily make any 6x size I wanted up to 6x13.3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Kodak proclaimed this camera as being 'The Top Notch in Pocket Photography'. You do it justice.