Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First roll with the Contax IIa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: First roll with the Contax IIa Reply with quote

Well, sort of mixed results. but happy for the bigger part.
I didn't have the light meter so I had to do with the Sunny 16. Managed quite well ableit perhaps a bit on the too bright (since I was shooting negative, I guessed exposure for the shadows).
It took a few shots to figure out the rangefinder (it is not perfectly aligned vertically). Also I could not go to Parma so I had to committ the roll to the local lab, whose scans are near to awful.
Never the less, I got some interesting results mixed in with the garbage Rolling Eyes I am especially enthusiast the fingerprint of the Sonnar 1.5/50. The Jupiter-9 is very sharp and has maybe a better bokeh than the reflex version. The Sonnar 2/50 seems to be a bit flarish, but I did use it without the hood.

Here's a few samples from the 1.5/50 Sonnar. The other lenses, maybe, later. I link to oversize gallery because we are subject to the limit here:

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,136002.html#136002

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them!
The Sonnar 1.5/50 is a legend and for good reason.
Hey, some guys even pay $1000 for the ZM version of the lens.
Remember the discussion we had here last summer regarding the odd focus point of the lens when wide open?
Supposedly the lens is optimized to be shot at infinity when wide open. When close focusing we must back focus a bit.
Maybe you experienced some of this.
Honestly I never did spend the time to sort it out. I just shoot it at between f2-2.8 for "bokeh" shots Rolling Eyes

Congrats on the II color dial. That is one to keep for the duration Very Happy