Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First outing with my Samyang 85mm 1.4 on A7R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: First outing with my Samyang 85mm 1.4 on A7R Reply with quote

After weeks of nothing but dull grey skies, the wind finally came in and gave us some dramatic clouds for a few hours. This was my first time using the Samyang 85mm 1.4 on my "new" A7r, and I was very impressed. The DOF is so different compared to on my A6000. Alot o

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series, I’m a big fan of Samyang lenses, having the 21mm f1.4 myself. Although they do tend to get overlooked in favour of legacy lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 What a horse that is!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also mention that our horse only has 1 eye, that's why the first photo looks odd lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noddywithoutbigears wrote:
Nice series, I’m a big fan of Samyang lenses, having the 21mm f1.4 myself. Although they do tend to get overlooked in favour of legacy lenses.

Thanks! Ya I'm a fan of the samyang lenses too. I had the 12mm f2 for my A6000. The 21 or 35mm is next on my list as well as the 135mm. Best bang for your buck as far as new lenses go IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the MF or AF version? Ive5 seen some very nice pics of the new af

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:

This is the MF version, I've heard good things about the AF version as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawana87 wrote:
kiddo wrote:

This is the MF version, I've heard good things about the AF version as well.

I'm very interested in such a fast af 85 ,as the sigma's 105 is out of.my range - it would.be my only af ,besides kit.lens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I liked my Samyang (Rokinon) 85/1.4 very much, at least for the short time it was working—the aperture started sticking and overexposing everything stopped down below f/2. Irritated with its failure, I picked up a Nikkor 85/1.4D. In some ways I like it better. But I really did like the Samyang.

Maybe some day soon, I’ll get up the ambition to try to fix it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am in the Samyang fan club--love the 35mm 1.4. And your A7r looks like it too is deserving of a large fan club. All very nice pics with some dramatic, natural lighting--nice show. Best, jt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome pictures.