Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First impressions with my NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: First impressions with my NEX-5 Reply with quote

I was quite cautious about what I could get from the NEX. Heard about plain images without contrast and low saturated colours.
But my first experiences are totally contrary to this: nice saturated colours, sharp focusing (with the kit 18-55 lens), contrasty and realistic shots, even on dull days (like yesterday).

Some samples:

Now the time for the MF lenses, however the M42 adapter I bought is not getting focus to infinity, so I'm going to return it. It's branded as "Pixco".

Any recommendations for a good M42 flanged adapter?.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!!! Pixco adapters are quality adapters, verify it with more lenses.
Fine tunning is need in every camera body I use vivid color setting in my Nex and I did use also + saturation and sharpness in E-1 and G1 body too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad youre happy with it. its always a little nerve wracking to change camera systems...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: First impressions with my NEX-5 Reply with quote

Hi Jes
check if you can screw the lens fully.
I've got my no-name nex/m42 adapter yesterday and i had to widen a bit the internal part in order for the lens to go to the end.

Jesito wrote:
Now the time for the MF lenses, however the M42 adapter I bought is not getting focus to infinity, so I'm going to return it. It's branded as "Pixco".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Congrats!!! Pixco adapters are quality adapters, verify it with more lenses.
Fine tunning is need in every camera body I use vivid color setting in my Nex and I did use also + saturation and sharpness in E-1 and G1 body too.

Hi Attila,

With the 135mm I cannot reach infinity for very little, on the 50mm almost get it. I've taken some shots with the Helios 44-2 that I'll post later.

Thanks for the comment!

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
glad youre happy with it. its always a little nerve wracking to change camera systems...

yes, it uses to be. At first I went mad with the menues and the lack of buttons, but after a couple of hours I feel comfortable Smile
It has been the fastest adaptation ever Wink

Thanks for commenting.
Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: First impressions with my NEX-5 Reply with quote

std wrote:
Hi Jes
check if you can screw the lens fully.
I've got my no-name nex/m42 adapter yesterday and i had to widen a bit the internal part in order for the lens to go to the end.

Hi Stefan,

I screw it as far as it allows, however the lens index doesn't reach the top...

Just a quick picture to show you what I mean:

The adapter seems to rest again the camera base.

Thanks for your help,
Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send it back and ask for replacement, seems your adapter has faulty right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Send it back and ask for replacement, seems your adapter has faulty right.

I bought it a a physical store, so I'll go tomorrow to claim. Smile

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your lens screws properly till the end. About the index .. you can loose the 3 screws on the adapter and rotate the brass part until you get the index on top, and tighten the screws again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
I see your lens screws properly till the end. About the index .. you can loose the 3 screws on the adapter and rotate the brass part until you get the index on top, and tighten the screws again.

Thanks, Stefan!.
Regards.
Jes.