Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First funny roll with the Vivitar Slim & Wide
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: First funny roll with the Vivitar Slim & Wide Reply with quote

Surprising results from this toy camera:

I put a 24 shot ISO200 roll inside (Schlecker brand, against the advice of using an ISO400 film).
Here we have a lot of light, sun is bright, so no need of so much sensibility... (or at least is was I thought).

#1 At my flat balconry



#2 Still beach time (until past sunday, the rain came on monday)
It was at Saint Sebastian beach, north of the village.



#3 More beach



#4 Beach and some clouds



#5 Sunset at Olivella



#6 Night view (contrast slightly touched...)



#7 Same place during the day



#8 Weather getting worse at the parking lot in the airport



I'm nicely surprised of the quality of the lens, even with the noticeable vignetting...

Really fun.

Jes.


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice really.

Was that the 22mm lens ?


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
I think my first roll with this camera will be B&W - somehow it inspires me that way.


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, another Viv show!

Is that the beach at this time of the year? Shocked


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice result Jes!
I see some people who swim! but in todays news they told first snows arrive in Spain!


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Very nice really.

Was that the 22mm lens ?


Yes, it is. The lens has a fixed speed of 1/125 and aperture of F/11.
Very funny!

Jes.


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Yes, another Viv show!

Is that the beach at this time of the year? Shocked


I'm sorry to say yes, we use to enjoy the beach until middle october most of years...

Jes.


PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
nice result Jes!
I see some people who swim! but in todays news they told first snows arrive in Spain!


Poilu,

Spain is a wide territory, we have some high mountains (i.e. Pyrinees) where the snow is falling when we're still at the beach...
This week the weather has become worse. Rainy and colder, thermometers going down below 15C. It seems the winter is coming...

Jes.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series, Jes, don't hesitate to post more! Smile BTW, here's one using
1600 Superia. Walmart ruined most of the roll yesterday, and I got a call
today that they were able to salvage a few negatives. This was best out of
the 6 they saved:



Not too impressed with this film, have another roll of it to try in the Bessa
for dusk shots.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones Jes and Bill.
I guess I should try another one of these.
My first one is a light leaking little bugger.
It unfortunately seems to be a shutter/lens side leak.
I coated the film door with gaffers tape and still have blown out empty negs Rolling Eyes


PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm eagerly awaiting mine! I hope to get a good deal of "off-the-hip" candid street shots. I feel than the interesting qualities of this camera will come into their own.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Nice ones Jes and Bill.
I guess I should try another one of these.
My first one is a light leaking little bugger.
It unfortunately seems to be a shutter/lens side leak.
I coated the film door with gaffers tape and still have blown out empty negs Rolling Eyes


What a pity!.
I bought two of them (one for my daughter) and both were fine.
Only a problem when trying to open the back door... It's tricky and not easy... But what can we expect from a $10 camera?... Smile.

(It's a pity to say the quality was better than the ones I took with the Mamiya)

Jes.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Great series, Jes, don't hesitate to post more! Smile BTW, here's one using
1600 Superia. Walmart ruined most of the roll yesterday, and I got a call
today that they were able to salvage a few negatives. This was best out of
the 6 they saved:

Not too impressed with this film, have another roll of it to try in the Bessa
for dusk shots.


Hi Bill, you're the culprit of this Vivitar fever Wink...
But I cannot compare my results to your's and Carsten's ones. They are much better.
Once tested and certified the camera is okay, I'll put a better film to try...

Jes.


PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Flickr group for this camera.
1800+ members and over 14000 photos from them.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/57074580@N00/


PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one coming next week, cost me 5 inc PP
I'm looking forward to playing with it though with our weather it may be a few weeks before I finish a film.
Toy film cameras are fun.


PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
There is a Flickr group for this camera.
1800+ members and over 14000 photos from them.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/57074580@N00/


Shocked That is a lot!