Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First E-6 development
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: First E-6 development Reply with quote

I'm unstoppable these days. Today was the E-6 day. After having the Tetenal E-6 box sitting next to me on my desk, I decided to mix the chemicals.
Again, nothing to worry about, the chemicals are divided in different components, already measured.

I did a first test, without the chemicals, just with water filled 1l bottles. In the bathtub, water temperature was at 45°C, to make sure that the bottles will heat up until 38°C. (keep an eye on the temps, they might rise, depending on the water temperature.) Then I've watched the temperature over the ~30min processing time. Lost nearly 0.5°C in that time. Nothing be concerned about.
For the "real" E-6 process, I needed two attempts to get stable 38°C.

I use the a small tool called "egg-timer" on my old pocket pc (better use an old one, because some chemicals and water may hit the device later). Wink

Constantly 38°C for the whole process.

configured egg-timer for E-6 times:

I Tank warm up - 5' in the bathtub, make sure that no water will get into the tank;
II First Developer 6'30" start with pouring in the developer, agitation first 15" permanent, then every 15" 4 times (hard work);
III Water rinse 2'30" I have a water heater, this one needs time to heat up the water, not good. So I prepared three bottles of water (one for each rinse step). Ilford method, 5x, 10x 20x 20x
IV Color Developer 6' agitation first 15" permanent, then every 15" 4 times
V Water rinse 2'30" Ilford method, 5x, 10x 20x 20x
VI Bleach Fixer 6' agitation first 15" permanent, then every 15" 4 times
VII Water rinse 2'30" Ilford method, 5x, 10x 20x 20x40x
VIII Stabilizer 1' don't agitate, outside of the tank
Done! Smile

That's it, not that eays like C-41, because you will agitate a lot and the temperatures are more critical. But the first look, after pulling the roll from the stabilizer was WOW. Like Marty said, priceless!

Thanks Attila for convincing me Wink
Some samples from the first Velvia 100F roll: (more to be found unter Galleries-Slide)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!! Last one just simple superb all are very nice!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, indeed. The colors look great. Now you need a projector if you don't have one yet. Smile On the wall the pictures will look even better Wink

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to hunt for a Jobo CPE-2 system for my E-6; I don't know how I can do all the required chemical baths and washes AND maintain the temperature. Great results though!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work. Shots #2, #3 & #4 stand out for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive Sandy!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done!
I'm impressed with those results.

@rawhead
If you can find one with a lift, do so. A lift on its own is twice the price, as everybody wants one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. One day, I will have to follow in your footsteps. It's good to see your first attempt work out so well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Small update, developed the second and third roll yesterday, again, I'm very happy with the result. But it's good to add 15 secs. more for the first developer for the used developer.

Second roll, Provia 100F:

Thrid roll, Sensia 100: