Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Finally won a Yashica Lynx 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Finally won a Yashica Lynx 14 Reply with quote

But it didn't come all that cheaply:

Click here to see on Ebay

I got beat out of 3 US auctions by the same bidder in the $60-$80 range, so decided to bring
some with me in this UK auction.

some flickr faves, Lynx 14:

Ordered a 58mm hood as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you just have to go in with the hard bid.I am glad you won as it looks in good nick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine work there !

You have some great models.

No problems with the camera ? Rangefinder patch OK ?

I have to sell one soon, I still have to calibrate the RF.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Congrats! Nice results!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gulp !!!!!!!!!!! That was quite a lot to pay Wink

A hint about the Lynx 14 - watch out for signs of play in the lens/shutter assembly, and be gentle putting on/taking off lens hoods and filters. If the front starts to feel loose, get a competent camera repairer t have a look at at it for you. I've seen them with the whole assembly coming away from the body when we were selling them back in the late 1960s - and not always from misuse or abuse. I think the front is maybe a bit on the heavy side for whatever means are used to connect it to the body.

But the lens on yours does look to be good, very good in fact. Hope you have lots of fun with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moira, thanks, hope there are no issues.

Luis, those are not my results, if I get anything close, I'll be over the moon! Smile Just won the auction today
and at $8.46 shipping, wondering what freighter's hold this will be whinged into, to cross the pond.

Attila, thanks! Wink

Last edited by Katastrofo on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Gulp !!!!!!!!!!! That was quite a lot to pay Wink

A hint about the Lynx 14 - watch out for signs of play in the lens/shutter assembly, and be gentle putting on/taking off lens hoods and filters. If the front starts to feel loose, get a competent camera repairer t have a look at at it for you. I've seen them with the whole assembly coming away from the body when we were selling them back in the late 1960s - and not always from misuse or abuse. I think the front is maybe a bit on the heavy side for whatever means are used to connect it to the body.

But the lens on yours does look to be good, very good in fact. Hope you have lots of fun with it.

Stephen, thanks, and for the good tips!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conglats. Look forward to your results.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I be half way correct in saying she wanted a new picture for her social networking profile?

Great photos nonetheless!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sting, thanks.

Goombles, perhaps, bulimia nervosa comes to mind, but am impressed with what
this lens can do, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Finally won a Yashica Lynx 14 Reply with quote

Congrats! It's a small world. I was also watching that auction but it was way out of my budget so didn't bid. Looking forward to the results.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too.
I'm glad i have resisted bidding on it Smile

Quote:
Congrats! It's a small world. I was also watching that auction but it was way out of my budget so didn't bid. Looking forward to the results.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhargav and Stefan, thanks, as it happens there are a few reasonably priced Lynx 14s on US
ebay right now, but who knows what the selling prices will be.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for such a nice acquisition, Bill!.
I love the Lynx (thanks to Andy who sent me some years ago the first one).
As a matter of caution, please review the logos on the front side. Glue used by Yashica at that time was not good and after the years dried. I've lost most of mine when shooting outside, they use to fall and one doesn't notice it until it's too late. In your case is the one sitting at the right side (looking at the lens) who tells "Lynx 14". Better to take it out and reglue.
I'm still thinking on how to replace them, not an easy task.
The pictures you show are impressives, typical Lynx quality spiced with the typical photographer quality Wink
I love the setup of the second shot.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't want any more cameras until...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DON'T WANT ANY MORE CAMERAS !!!!! Laughing
Great photos , Bill !I like the most the second and fourth photo. Congratulations ,good camera , good photographer !
Thank you for sharing !
It's a camera that I wanted a long time ago ,but I resisted until now Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, thanks for stopping by, but have to stress that the pictures posted
are not mine, but faves from other flickr members. I hope to post a few
of my own when the camera arrives, keeping my fingers crossed that there
are no issues, as I'd be loath to send it back. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Bill. Looks like a keeper for sure. I'm anxious to see some pics from it.

I had to get my EOS-1V from across the pond also but I was able to get the computer software with it. Works great. Actually I got a pretty good deal on it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270861117864?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, thanks, and congrats on winning a 1V! Looks in great shape, too. I just won
for $20 a Yashica Lynx 5000 (go figure):

Click here to see on Ebay

Awhile ago I got two EOS 1Ns for $100 each with grips, here's one with the cheapo 50:

Have an extra grip that uses dual power source.

Hope to see some of your results with the 1V!

Last edited by Katastrofo on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill if you have the need for parts for the Lynx- (hopefully you won't). I have a Lynx body without the shutter & lens, that I will hang on to for a month ,before I chuck it. Smile .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Finally won a Yashica Lynx 14 Reply with quote

Congrats, Kat. I too have been interested in eventually adding a Lynx to my vintage P&S/rangefinder collection, but haven't pursued it with the same fervor than as I have other items. Got a question for ya, though:

Katastrofo wrote:

I got beat out of 3 US auctions by the same bidder in the $60-$80 range, so decided to bring
some with me in this UK auction.

You mean to say that the same guy bought at least three other Lynxes? Now that tidbit is interesting all by itself. What, I wonder, is he trying to corner the market on Lynxes or has he an even worse sort of compulsion than we here do . . . ? Or am I reading this wrong -- perhaps he outbid you up to the $80 mark (or so), but then got outbid himself later in the auction?

Just curious . . . and looking forward to seeing some samples from your new acquisition once it arrives.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT, the same guy won all three former auctions. Looking at the 32 bids of this one, have no
way of telling for sure, but the guy/gal O**m62 at 81 BP might be the same person. The low
shipping would lure more US bidders. Wink My max was 95 pounds, was gonna makes sure
if I didn't win this time he/she would be paying a nice price for it.

If no issues I hope to post some results.

Kathmandu, thanks for your kind offer, but am hoping I won't need it. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My max was 95 pounds, was gonna makes sure
if I didn't win this time he/she would be paying a nice price for it.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Quote:
Kathmandu, thanks for your kind offer, but am hoping I won't need it.

I wish you the best. Looking forward to your results- I happen to have 2 . with lenses- that I need to run some film through. Very Happy -they've been waiting their turns. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katmandu, looking forward to your pictures and thanks for the big grins, yes, I was the
one that paid a nice price for it! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Katmandu, looking forward to your pictures and thanks for the big grins, yes, I was the
one that paid a nice price for it! Laughing

I think its worth it, the glass is very intimidating looking and heavy-especially if it works.I got my second one for 60 bucks + shipping . Very Happy