Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Finally won a Yashica Lynx 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zhikang wrote:
hey guys... I was wondering if anyone here would want a Lynx 14 in great condition.

Zhikang,sales strickly at marketplace post again there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cam , Bill , and the results also ! I'd like to see more

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo, thanks, have to remember to put it in the queue. Right now I'm testing the Contax 137MD (ordered the red
and navy blue covers for both my 137s).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friend of mine lend me one too to try it , I have no battery also. I will try it out as full manual camera. I did like color picture it has nice character.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may take it up to Green Mountain, Tuesday, but am already loaded down. Smile

Want to shoot some Reala thru the Super Isolette and Weltaflex.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to order more hearing aid batts to check the meter, I lose the blister packs just about
upon arrival, sheesh.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I need to order more hearing aid batts to check the meter, I lose the blister packs just about
upon arrival, sheesh.

Don't forget to check size this camera takes really big one , size almost CR2 .

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just shim with a piece of cardboard to center the batteries in the chamber. Works.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
I just shim with a piece of cardboard to center the batteries in the chamber. Works.

Embarassed right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: New member in the 14E club Reply with quote

I was captivated by the image quality and beauty of this camera so I decided to buy one. I found this gem in mint condition with case, user manual and original box. After winning the auction I started looking for a lens hood and I realized how hard was to find the original shade. After a few days searching on eBay I tried keyboards in German and French. BINGO! "Yashica Metall Sonnenblende Push-on 60mm + Etui + Karton" was the golden string and a New Old Stock magically appeared.

I'm shooting my second roll of Ilford HP5 400 and develop both to see the results.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New member in the 14E club Reply with quote

mindthemix wrote:
I was captivated by the image quality and beauty of this camera so I decided to buy one. I found this gem in mint condition with case, user manual and original box. After winning the auction I started looking for a lens hood and I realized how hard was to find the original shade. After a few days searching on eBay I tried keyboards in German and French. BINGO! "Yashica Metall Sonnenblende Push-on 60mm + Etui + Karton" was the golden string and a New Old Stock magically appeared.

I'm shooting my second roll of Ilford HP5 400 and develop both to see the results.

Congrats, the original hood does look nice! Why your pictures didn't appear is we have an anti-spam filter that prevents
this in first posts. Your next post should be no problem. Welcome to the forum! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jesito"]Congrats for such a nice acquisition, Bill!.
I love the Lynx (thanks to Andy who sent me some years ago the first one).
As a matter of caution, please review the logos on the front side. Glue used by Yashica at that time was not good and after the years dried. I've lost most of mine when shooting outside, they use to fall and one doesn't notice it until it's too late. In your case is the one sitting at the right side (looking at the lens) who tells "Lynx 14". Better to take it out and reglue.
I'm still thinking on how to replace them, not an easy task.
The pictures you show are impressives, typical Lynx quality spiced with the typical photographer quality Wink
I love the setup of the second shot.

Regards.
Jes.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice on the logos Jes.

Do you know how to remove these logos without scratching the camera or braking the plastic plates?

Thanks,

Federico