Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

finally took my Pentax 40mm 2.8 outside
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: finally took my Pentax 40mm 2.8 outside Reply with quote

Just a quick tryout of the lens, nothing serious.

I've had far worse "bodycaps" Smile

Still need to get used to the K100D.

The tree-branch pic is slightly overdone in editing, but made this to the taste of a friend, it's a present for her.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's not their best optic, by a long shot, but it has its purpose.
The tree looks fine on my iPad, doesn't look over done, and that's the hard part of editing, getting it to look natural.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Yeah, it's not their best optic, by a long shot, but it has its purpose.

I have a sweet spot for pancakes and 40mm lenses, so I had to have it. I will patiently look for a more "classic" PK-mount lens. Besides I have a few nice Super Takumars and some other M42 lenses I can use on the K100D.

Lightshow wrote:
The tree looks fine on my iPad, doesn't look over done, and that's the hard part of editing, getting it to look natural.
Thanks. Maybe I think it's a bit overdone because the scene looked quite different in reality (light, colors,...) Regardless, the recipient is happy and that matters Smile

*EDIT* I also just realized the shots are all made wide open as I forgot to follow the correct metering process when using a manual lens... Only the last pic was intentionally wide open Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I really like the crocus photo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Nice! I really like the crocus photo.
Thanks! It's in the front yard, I made a few trial&error shots (mostly errors Smile ) with the cam set at minimum focus distance and firing the shutter on the focus confirm beep (it was cold and therefore didnt want to use the OVF as I would have to lay down on the ground, and the K100D has no live view on the LCD)

I found it intriguing with the car just passing by, a contrast between nature (the flowers) and man-made technology (the car lurking in the background)

I have a few others, mostly misses, with only the old Philips-buildings in the distance, and at slightly different angles.