Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in
Film and autofocus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Film and autofocus Reply with quote

Dear members,
I shoot a lot of film (I develop black and white my self), but I would like to have more advannced body. Different metering modes, ability to fast forward my film (important for events).

Autofocus will becoem also important in my feature list. I use currently a minolta x-700 but I a really slow with manual focusing loosing lot of candid moments.

Currently I have also a full frame nikon digital camera and it would be funny if I can use my G lenses in the film camera as well. Are there such bodies available? Since I have shaky hands if the new Nikon VR lenses can be supported that would be fabulous.
I think Nikon F6 might be doing whatt I need but it looks to be over 1k euros range.

Do you think there is a product out there for me?
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nikon F100 maybe? Supports G lenses and VR
The cheaper F80 is another possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I you want SLR (interchangable lenses), an A mount Minolta could a be a good inexpensive option. Look for Dynax/Maxxum branded cameras.

If fixed lens compact is ok, I too would like to hear some recommendations. Preferably also inexpensive and not too difficult to find.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f100 looks to be the best option for me