Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Film and autofocus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Film and autofocus Reply with quote

Dear members,
I shoot a lot of film (I develop black and white my self), but I would like to have more advannced body. Different metering modes, ability to fast forward my film (important for events).

Autofocus will becoem also important in my feature list. I use currently a minolta x-700 but I a really slow with manual focusing loosing lot of candid moments.

Currently I have also a full frame nikon digital camera and it would be funny if I can use my G lenses in the film camera as well. Are there such bodies available? Since I have shaky hands if the new Nikon VR lenses can be supported that would be fabulous.
I think Nikon F6 might be doing whatt I need but it looks to be over 1k euros range.

Do you think there is a product out there for me?
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nikon F100 maybe? Supports G lenses and VR
The cheaper F80 is another possibility.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I you want SLR (interchangable lenses), an A mount Minolta could a be a good inexpensive option. Look for Dynax/Maxxum branded cameras.

If fixed lens compact is ok, I too would like to hear some recommendations. Preferably also inexpensive and not too difficult to find.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f100 looks to be the best option for me