Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ferrania is back to live!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early in the thread I showed shots using Ferrania Fg 200 PLUS...well I re-visited the place and took similar shots with a different lens and got similar results using another roll, and in the last shot wanted to use the film up and took a snap with the Hexanon 50mm f1.4 @ about f5.6...no sharpening with any shots in Photoshop.

Hexanon 40mm

Hexanon 40mm

Hexanon 50mm f1.4 @about f5.6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results I would say Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Very nice results I would say Smile

...and I would say you have to know its strengths and weaknesses and maybe it works better on different subjects. The Ferrania I took to Ibiza worked on some subjects but not others, mind you this film was probably defective being OOD...for example:-

Kiron 80-200mm

And got crap results like this from my trusted sigma 24mm.

This is what I'm used to, with same camera, same flash gun, but with a 35mm flek and Reala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you don't know if it was developed in the same chemical lot.
Development is crucial for colour film. It's importance can never be overstated.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
But you don't know if it was developed in the same chemical lot.
Development is crucial for colour film. It's importance can never be overstated.

Well yes you could be right as when I took the 5 rolls to be dev and scanned, maybe the first roll with Ferrania was when the machine hadn't warmed up properly, or important chemicals settled at the bottom of the tank or what ever could happen on a Fuji Frontier machine. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having that said, like i wrote earlier, if you like realistic colours then Fuji is the film to use. Ferrania is more for the artsy minded Smile

P.S. the guy in the Ferrania photo looks a lot like Frank Sinatra in his 50s Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Having that said, like i wrote earlier, if you like realistic colours then Fuji is the film to use. Ferrania is more for the artsy minded Smile

P.S. the guy in the Ferrania photo looks a lot like Frank Sinatra in his 50s Shocked

Damn that Sinaltra he has even been with my wife Laughing if you look at Mia Farrow's son he is the image of his father, and she has now admitted Sinaltra is the father and not woody Allen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2441281/Mia-Farrow-says-Frank-Sinatra-father-son-Ronan.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ferrania has updated their site with a photo of the staff (taken with film of course...) and with a page of team info:

http://www.filmferrania.it/team/

Not really a team of youngsters Laughing but who am I to complain about the age? Laughing At least they have the experience.
Now let's hope that more solid news are revealed soon - they stated the 1st quarter of 2014 as launch date of the
first film (most likely the 100/21° ISO slide)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
they stated the 1st quarter of 2014 as launch date of the first film

With no updates in three-and-a-half months, I can't help feeling that target is going to be missed.

Since they were promising to take care of small-format motion films to start with, I still have my fingers crossed that single-perforated 16mm will be available before high summer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an updated posted 2 days ago on Flickr. From Nicola:

Quote:
Hello guys, no news does not mean bad news. Just a little bit late with our schedule to start the production. Sorry for the low profile in communications but for the moment it is our style Smile

http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootfilm/discuss/72157630192838072/page5/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are almost there. They took people for a tour of the factory recently:
http://www.wittner-cinetec.com/info/filmferrania/english.php

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New post added on Monday 11th promising "a big announcement coming in mid-September."