Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FED 3 and Jupiter 12
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: FED 3 and Jupiter 12 Reply with quote

The Jupiter 12 is a nice lens, mine does get a bit blurry towards the bottom corners. The auxiliary finder is a generic Japanese 'tele-wide' job, it works pretty well actually as a composition aid.

Last edited by Nesster on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics!!
Do you have pictures made with this Jupiter to show?
I heard bad things about this lens having a lot of bad copies around. So I am hesitating about buying one for my Kiev.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't think my copy is the best it isn't a total disaster either. I buy mine from a local camera repairman, who sells cameras at a camera show I go to.

Last edited by Nesster on Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. I don't see the corner problem that you mention.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, I'll post a full frame that shows it later.
Meanwhile lookit what I found:
http://kiev4.narod.ru/tutorial/kiev4_e.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's interesting reading.

OF course I know that Jupiter-12 can be no Biogon Rolling Eyes but it costs 10 times less... so can be a nice way to start.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! I love the little brightline acc viewfinder. It looks really good on the camera.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be my cam, really looks like it, just my J12 is silver and the add-on viewfinder (Japanese Helios?) is now used by Peter. Wink

Anyway, good cam, very nice viewfinder and a great lens!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's very nice, the acc vf makes a huge difference.

I looked through all my pics, and I see what I describe in a very few... so it looks to be situational, probably some combination of vignetting / flare / more open aperture / less than infinity focus. Funny how I'd latched onto that idea based on a minority of images.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the second image, that is the most parallel to ground 8even if not completely) you can see a more than decent control of the distortion.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this is more an 'interesting' photo than one designed to highlight performance, this is horizontally level and contains verticals for the distortion.