Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FED 2 which lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: FED 2 which lens? Reply with quote

I have a Zorki 4 and enjoy using it.
Now going to try the FED 2.
Smaller and lighter - should be interesting.
Quick question - this camera seems to be from around 1960 or so? - Serial number is 1149854.
Is this the correct lens from that time? serial number for the lens is 9014917.
If not, which lens would have come on this camera
Apparently Picasso used one Smile
T


#1


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the following site you should get the right information.

For the camera: http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?1883986375

For the lens: http://www.sovietcams.com/index.php?-1557141558

Obviously your lens is not the right one as it seems to be the Industar-61 instead of the original Industar-26M.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great camera, have one myself.

The industar 61ld is no slouch, a great lens. I like the Helios 44/2 as well.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this combination locally most often.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Thomas and Colorado.
Those links were very useful Thomas.
Gratias
Tom


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
I've seen this combination locally most often.


Thank you uddhava.
The 5cm lens seems about right for my camera too.
Tom


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FED-2 is a great camera, and I regret selling mine. The diopter adjustment was a handy touch too, though I frequently had to reset it as I seemed to knock it a lot. For all the size of it (small), I found the viewfinder to be very clear.

The long rangefinder base-length makes for precise focusing.

I used both Industar 26-M and 61-LD lenses which were great, and I believe Industar was the standard supplier of kit lenses for FEDs.

I also used the Jupiter-8 with the FED-2, and found it to be an excellent performer, though I had 3 lemons before I finally got a good one.


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l9magen wrote:
The FED-2 is a great camera, and I regret selling mine. The diopter adjustment was a handy touch too, though I frequently had to reset it as I seemed to knock it a lot. For all the size of it (small), I found the viewfinder to be very clear.

The long rangefinder base-length makes for precise focusing.

I used both Industar 26-M and 61-LD lenses which were great, and I believe Industar was the standard supplier of kit lenses for FEDs.

I also used the Jupiter-8 with the FED-2, and found it to be an excellent performer, though I had 3 lemons before I finally got a good one.


Thanks for that input Lochlann .
The camera has come with an Industar 61 and I have a Jupiter-8 on my Zorki 4 so I will try them both.
Cheers
Tom


PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FED 2 which lens? Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
I have a Zorki 4 and enjoy using it.
Now going to try the FED 2.
Smaller and lighter - should be interesting.
Quick question - this camera seems to be from around 1960 or so? - Serial number is 1149854.
Is this the correct lens from that time? serial number for the lens is 9014917.
If not, which lens would have come on this camera
Apparently Picasso used one Smile
T


#1


Hi OH,

yer camera comes from 1961. From 1959-around 1968, first digit of the s/n was the year . Mine's is 341... so 1963. Industar 61 LDs were on early FEDs. Mines is mentioned in Sovietcams, as ah sent the details tae the site owner. He confirmed that it was a genuine combination ( probably early '63 because of the lens s/n ooo3...).

Your camera lens is 1990, so not OE ...BUT 61 LDs were OE for a couple of years. Ah also use a FED f3.5/50mm (collapsible) and a Jupiter 12 f2.8/35mm. Like 1 small


PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: FED 2 which lens? Reply with quote

TAo2 wrote:
Oldhand wrote:
I have a Zorki 4 and enjoy using it.
Now going to try the FED 2.
Smaller and lighter - should be interesting.
Quick question - this camera seems to be from around 1960 or so? - Serial number is 1149854.
Is this the correct lens from that time? serial number for the lens is 9014917.
If not, which lens would have come on this camera
Apparently Picasso used one Smile
T


#1


Hi OH,

yer camera comes from 1961. From 1959-around 1968, first digit of the s/n was the year . Mine's is 341... so 1963. Industar 61 LDs were on early FEDs. Mines is mentioned in Sovietcams, as ah sent the details tae the site owner. He confirmed that it was a genuine combination ( probably early '63 because of the lens s/n ooo3...).

Your camera lens is 1990, so not OE ...BUT 61 LDs were OE for a couple of years. Ah also use a FED f3.5/50mm (collapsible) and a Jupiter 12 f2.8/35mm. Like 1 small


Thank you TAo2 for that information.
It is appreciated
Tom


PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your camera is from 1961 and the lens which fits it is the Industar-26M.

I have a 1960's Fed-2, D1 type, s/n 0955401 with an Industar-26M 2.8/52mm s/n 2129909.


I also have a nice Fed-1 F type s/n 222641 made in 1950 with a Fed 3.5/50mm s/n 4000.


These are very fine cameras, cheap leica copies.