Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FDn 7.5mm 5.6 Fisheye on EOS-EdMika kit prototype update
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: FDn 7.5mm 5.6 Fisheye on EOS-EdMika kit prototype update Reply with quote

photo.JPG by Ontarian, on Flickr
I've got the first prototype EdMika adapters from last night's development for the 7.5mm fisheye and 1. the pictures are very sharp, 2. the rear element does not hit any mirrors including the fat 5D2 one and 3. I love not having to focus. I'm still working on a fine calibration system called an EdJuster

Edjuster concept by Ontarian, on Flickr

before I release this 7.5 kit since it is critical that the flange focal distance is exactly right since you can't make up for any misalignment with a focus ring. My 5D3 took a hard fall with my 400mm 2.8 lens attached and my sensor is 0.002" too far back and this distance makes the fisheye that is perfect on an undamaged body, visibly less sharp on my hard hit 5D3.

I'll add this EdJuster system to most of my kits after allowing people to fine tune infinity at hard focus ring stop for quick finding, right now to ensure all lens calibrations can be handled I send out my kits thinner than needed giving beyond infinity focusing for most users.

Funnily enough, I just adapted the longest focal length of a Canon lens just last week, the monster that is the FL 1200mm f/11. I was able to use a stock FL 55mm 1.2 EdMika adapter (at least with 2 out of the 3 screw holes for now). So this week expanded the range of available adapters from both ends, 7.5mm-1200mm.

FL 1200mm f/11 on 5D3 by EdMika mount swap by Ontarian, on Flickr
I of course have adapters for more than just these, here are those that are currently shipping:http://www.ebay.ca/sch/ed_mika/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

-Ed Mika

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing it here! I look forward your success and happy people who are use it, you can share pictures too in this thread taken with this adapter. If you are ready to sell, please open sales at Marketplace and link back to here from there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always good to hear people turning their ideas into reality, the best of luck to you. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed is selling his canon FD to EOS adapter for couple of years on ebay and fredmiranda.
Here is a link to ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=+EdMika&_sacat=0&_from=R40