Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Favourite Konica lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
@ konicamera: Thank you as well - it's always astonishing to see how much you know about the Konica cameras & lenses!

S

Yeeessss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Zamo, thanks for that cool topic Wink

Can´t decide...
Recently got a Hexanon 21mm f4. I find the way it renders colors beautiful though a bit subdued. Which is great. It is reasonably sharp (I know there are better ones) and the handling is very pleasing due to the sturdy build. Besides, I like wide angle. I keep looking out for other super wides, and the Hexanon 21mm f2.8 is certainly on my list. I´m just not yet ready or willing to insert a thousand coins into that ebay automaton Shocked

However, the 50mm f1.7 is paramount with its surgical sharpness and color rendition. From the logical standpoint, that should be it.

One small thing that is almost completely irrelevant, though to me it matters: That the tools I use look aesthetically pleasing. Due to the short flange distance of the K/AR system and thus slim adapter, I find this is more true for Konica lenses. I.e. the 40mm pancake plus adapter on a Sony A7 looks almost like it´d be any other 50mm lens on an analog body.

@Konicamera:
Dear Jean-Jacques, thanks a lot for collating all that interesting information on your website. I spent hours there and still far from done.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the kind words. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Thank you all for the kind words. Smile

Well deserved, I also agree with them.

By the way, you did not give us the name of your favorite pet... Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my two cents: The Tokina-produced 21mm f/2.8 AR is a nice little lens, but not worth anything near what folks are asking for it. Wide-open, it is not very good and even stopped down has that weird, complicated distortion that all 1970s and 1980s SLR 21s seem to have. Head-to-head, the Yashica 21mm f/3.5 ML is an overall better lens, although quite larger.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
By the way, you did not give us the name of your favorite pet... Wink

Well, it’s hard to pinpoint one in particular, or even two. In the days when I used to shoot a couple of rolls a week, my favorite type of photography was indoor portraits in natural light, so I tended to favor fast lenses like the 35/2.0, 57/1.2 and 85/1.8. Those three are probably my favorites. I’ve never been too concerned with benchmark indicators, and always went for colors, bokeh and pop. I also like the fantastic 57/1.4 for its unique character, especially in B&W. I think it was one of the most interesting standards on the market in its day. But that’s my experience from 20 years ago. Some 15 years ago my interest shifted to historical research and I now shoot very little. In a way, I’ve morphed into a hunter and gatherer and (speaking of pets) I’ve become like the crazy lady with 17 cats in the house. Lenses breed just as fast and I love them all. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For whoever is interested, check my Euro bill test which includes the Hexanon 135/3.2:
http://forum.mflenses.com/leica-elmar-135mm-f-4-compared-with-others-t83362.html

It does a very solid job.