Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Faux Smoke
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Faux Smoke Reply with quote

I'm a bit out of place with studio photography, but here are two samples I made the other night practicing a fake smoke trick I saw on YouTube.

Simply technique: 30-second exposure, dark room, 100 ISO, f13. I taped a few pieces of colored thread to a small flashlight with an adjustable-width beam and then moved the threads around and over the objects. I chose colored thread to try a variation on the smoke theme, use thread I otherwise would never likely use, and because I was mostly trying this with film where the different colors would be different shades and, my theory was, add depth. We'll see when that film is developed if I was right. Anyway,

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a cool effect, I like it. I think it was a more successful treatment on the cayenne peppers.