Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Falconry display Tam 70-210 19AH
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Falconry display Tam 70-210 19AH Reply with quote

Picked this up for a bargain last week and this was its first day out. When I can catch the focus its very impressive for a zoom. It would hold its own against quite a few primes too, but there is some highlight areas it doesn't seem to like and loses definition. ie around the nose on the first one.

1. probaly about an 80% crop Buzzard?

2. Not sure I like the beak out of focus, but at least I got the eyes. Gryphon Vulture

5. peregrine

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful animal!
I like shot 4 where you can see it with the trainer.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. portrait is NR. 1!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set of pics! I think the manned bird is a gerfalcon, falcon anyway.
Seeing the peregrine brings back memories of Maine and northern Idaho.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys do a photography day with a couple who are wildlife photographers. In September they have some dates coming up ?100 for a day with 7 other photographers, you get exclusive shots of them with no crowds etc and they will take the jesses (leg straps) off some birds. Or if we could get 8 together ourselves they will do a day on date of our choosing. Anyone fancy it? Based North UK Penrith Cumbria.

http://www.silverbandfalconry.co.uk/Links.html

http://www.toonphoto.com/medialibrary/menuborder.asp?MODE=WORKSHOPS#Hawk%20&%20Owl%20Photography