Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

External Exakta to Sony E-mount adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: External Exakta to Sony E-mount adapter Reply with quote

Hi all,

I just finished constructing an adapter to mount external Exakta mount lenses to Sony E-mount. I don't believe these are commercially available.

I used the lens mount from a broken Exakta VX and modified a spare Pentax-K to Sony E-mount adapter I had hanging around.

The results were quite good. The lens mounts firmly, the mount seems sturdy enough to support the weight of the lens, and infinity focus is established.

Total work time was about 2 hours. I used a hobby lathe and drill press for some operations. Here is a link to a video I made of the process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU5UUlb3Ox0

Here is what the adapter looks like (note that the three small #1-72 flat head screws are securing the mount, the four round head screws on the original mount, are just super glued in place to block light from entering through the holes.).

Enjoy!

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the conversion and the video are really nicely done, Paul! Thank you for sharing your time and effort.

Like Dog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: External Exakta to Sony E-mount adapter Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: External Exakta to Sony E-mount adapter Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
Really nice!

So you inverted a regular exakta bayonet from the camera to make this adapter?

Hi Blazer,

Thanks!

i'm not sure what you mean by "inverted". I just pulled a standard Exakta lens mount off of a broken Exakta VX and mounted it to a modified Sony E-mount adapter. The Exakta VX, VXIIa, VXIIb, and VX1000 cameras (and probably other models as well, but not the little EXAs) all have the dual mounts with internal and external lugs. The external mount was for heavy telephotos and other gear.

Enjoy!

Paul