Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Experiment : Agfa ORTHO Document film with OM and Zeiss lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Experiment : Agfa ORTHO Document film with OM and Zeiss lens Reply with quote

I found a cassette of 07/1989 dated Agfa ORHO 25 ASA Document film in my fridge -- the donor had USED it and CUT it but I had some left so I loaded my OLYMPUS OM-1 + G-Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 first and did a short length in RODINAL 1+50 -- The film leader looked very Under-Developed but the negs Scanned well . Then I tried my Saved-From-The -Dump Yashica FR-1 + Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T* on the last bit of film -- I increased the strength of the 1+50 Rodinal a bit for the second test.
HALF a NEGATIVE only -- OM-1 G-Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 @ f2.8

G-Zuiko Auto-S 50mm f1.4 @ f2.8

Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.4 T* @ f2.8

Zeiss Planar 50mm f1.4 T* @ f4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Several years ago, I slowly worked my way through a brick of 1983 dated Kodak Plus X. I shot at the rated ISO of 125, not yet having heard about reducing the ISO for old films. The result was thin, but usuable, negatives. My Epson scanner had no problems with rendering good images, and when I used my digital camera to make dupes, it and my imaging software had no problems producing good images. But toward the end of that brick, the negatives were getting really thin, so what I did was increase development time by one minute. I was using Kodak D76 for my developer, full strength, not one shot. I didn't like one-shot because it was grainier than full strength. Anyway, I found that just increasing the development time worked very well.

BTW, your images from that vintage 1989 film look great! Wish I still had some of that Plus-X left.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Plus-X ! Reply with quote

Ha Ha Just to make you JEALOUS I have found a 120 roll of PLUS -X dated 01/1997 in my Fridge from a load of film given to me by a Studio Photographer years ago ! He came to Brentwood Photographic Club to Judge and asked " Does anyone here still do FILM Photography ? " --- so of course I piped up " YES, ME but all my film is now outdated" --- " Oh -- you like outdated Film then ? So if you come to my Studio you can have some as I want to make room in my Fridge for my BEER" he replied . So I rushed to Benfleet in Essex with my Boy and he showed us around then took us into his Darkroom and opened a Fridge and took out LOADS of packs of films -- 120, 220, 35mm B&W , C41, E6 including some 35mm Kodak PANATOMIC -X dated 1989 that I have used up

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice BW.. congrats

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

I have to dig up some outdated films in my own stuff!