Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Experience with a Jupiter36B for a Pentacon 6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Experience with a Jupiter36B for a Pentacon 6 Reply with quote

Been finally back looking at my vintage gear want to get back to using some of it. Playing with my Exa 35mm got me thinking about my Pentacon 6 and only one lens . . .
In looking about I spotted a Jupiter 36B 250mm for it . . .
Anyone had much experience with these lenses . . . quality etc.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Last edited by j.lukow on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Experience with a Jupiter36B for a Pentacon 6 Reply with quote

j.lukow wrote:
Been finally back looking at my vintage gear want to get back to using some of it. Play with my Exa 35mm got me thinking about my Pentacon 6 and only one lens . . .
In looking about I spotted a Jupiter 36B 250mm for it . . .
Anyone had much experience with these lenses . . . quality etc.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

It's quite large and heavy. But I haven't taken any photos with mine, it arrived with aperture not working and drops of oil or something on the inside of lens elements.
Hopefully it does not represent the majority.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They vary greatly. A lot of them can be transformed from dog to great by being thoroughly serviced - often they were improperly assembled.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
It's quite large and heavy...Hopefully it does not represent the majority.

Smile Knowing what a beast my Pentacon six TL is I wouldn't expect anything less! Though I think I am one of those that love the solid feeling from substantial gear like this . . . Very Happy I love this camera but with only the Jena F2.8 80mm, I want something with a longer "reach"...

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
They vary greatly. A lot of them can be transformed from dog to great by being thoroughly serviced - often they were improperly assembled.

I was hoping to not have to go through this process and trying to keep G.A.S. reigned in is why the one I found interested me . . . a US seller, a good price, and from what I can see it still has its box, so I am hoping it didn't have as hard of a life as some. So were there problems right out of the box?

I know when I first joined our community here many people were saying that Jupiter lenses could often be jewels.

Good thing I have a few days for consideration.

Thanks,
Jim