Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Expanding lens collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Expanding lens collection Reply with quote

Just arrived today a package with new old lenses, they all need special attention and cleaning, hope to get something good from this.
Somebody's garbage can be somebody else's new toy.

Do not throw away just ask if someone else can find something interesting, I personally could use some small parts and glass for replacing some scratches and solve some problems in my stash.

Wish me luck. I'll post some pictures after finishing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see at least 3 lenses there that are all but garbage!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually they are all garbage Smile I got them as defective 5 euro each.

First one cleaned, Porst 35mm 3.5.

100% crop

Interesting I could say, test on my candy box Smile at closest focusing distance.
Of course in the field wil show if it is worth anything.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out who produced the two Porst lenses, they are Enna the Tele-Ennalyt 2.8/135 and the Enna Lithagon 35mm f3.5.

On the Tele-Ennalyt I removed all lenses and now I can't get them right if anyone has the optical formula it has 5 elements no cemented parts.

If anyone has a Lightagon to throw away I will be gladly to pay for the trouble sending it to me, I need an element, mine is cracked.

Many thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadness wrote:
If anyone has a Lightagon to throw away I will be gladly to pay for the trouble sending it to me, I need an element, mine is cracked.

Many thanks.

I have a Lithagon but I aint never ever gonna give it away.
Besides... Mine is the 35mm 2.8 model Twisted Evil
A lens full with character and sharpness Smile

Have you tried your ISCO yet? Im thinking thats a sharp bokeh master if any.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be something you can use there, but don't judge a lens by an indoor closeup.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio...

Did you mean 'all but garbage' which means almost garbage or 'anything but garbage' which means nearly the opposite.. English is tricksy! Smile

Doug

Orio wrote:
I see at least 3 lenses there that are all but garbage!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished cleaning also the Travegon 35mm f3.5 and the Isconar 135mm f4.

Both are Exacta mount, I will modify Travegon to M42 sometime in the future because I like it, feels sharper and a bit better contrast than Lightagon, of course from in house test shooting which is irrelevant.

Could't test Isconar need an extra hand to focus Smile, but it surprised me a bit.

Some test fotos from Travegon @3.5

100% crop

Isconar: A cable @f4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last I got the Tele-Ennalyt formula right after many trial and error.
Looks great better than my Soligor 135 2.8.