Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EXIF editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: EXIF editor Reply with quote

I want to be able to record the lens and aperture setting on some of my pics. Can anyone recommend a good program for editing jpg EXIF data, or is there any other way of doing it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use LensTagger if you use Lightroom. However, if you need to apply different aperture setting for each individual photo, it is better use other EXIF editor.
http://www.essl.de/wp/software/lenstagger-lightroom-plugin/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can just right click on one or multiple pictures in windows and choose - properties - details - Fill in!

Easy as that Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed exiftool and exiftoolGUI but not completely finish the automation workflow.
I have used these from time to time. powerful tool.

So far meta tag on LR work ok, but I need LR to see the tags.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin, I don't use Lightroom. I use Photoshop CS6 for PP work and Irfanview for simply viewing. I want to be able to see the
lens and aperture setting when I use the Irfanview EXIF information panel.

Nordentro, I tried that, although in XP it's not Details but Summary. It helps a little bit, thanks. I can fill in and save the lens info in the
Comments box, but how do you see it when you view the EXIF data? Is this a limitation of XP? I can't upgrade Windows on this machine.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Thanks Calvin, I don't use Lightroom. I use Photoshop CS6 for PP work and Irfanview for simply viewing. I want to be able to see the

Nordentro, I tried that, although in XP it's not Details but Summary. It helps a little bit, thanks. I can fill in and save the lens info in the
Comments box, but how do you see it when you view the EXIF data? Is this a limitation of XP? I can't upgrade Windows on this machine.

Oh, I thought windows didn´t support XP anymore? If so, you can`t get security updates anymore Surprised
You should be able to fill in most of the fields (aperture, mm, lens etc.), but it may be different in XP as it is years since I used it Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:

I have XP too. I can't right click fill in & save lens info there; I'm unable to edit any of the exif fields, only XP file metadata such as Comments, etc.. Maybe can do only in later Win versions?

Irfanview can change EXIF values.

PhotoMe ( http://www.photome.de/home.html ) is an EXIF editor/viewer...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
You can just right click on one or multiple pictures in windows and choose - properties - details - Fill in!

Easy as that Wink

it works on everything except all image properties, shutter speed, aperture, focal length, bias and file properties so probably no good.

BTW you can edit mp3 tags this way too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was a little fast. Looks like you need some dedicated software to change those Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhotoMe
http://www.photome.de/home_en.html

regards
hasan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Oh, I thought windows didn´t support XP anymore? If so, you can`t get security updates anymore Surprised
You should be able to fill in most of the fields (aperture, mm, lens etc.), but it may be different in XP as it is years since I used it Confused

There is a very good reason why I haven't upgraded Windows. The version of my music application which I use cannot run on 64-bit, and the more recent versions which can are unstable, so I'm not going upgrade. Music technology to me is even more important than photography! Shocked

I'm hoping to get a notebook to take to Australia in September and I can do all my photographic work on that. This desktop running XP can then be disconnected from the router.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

Irfanview can change EXIF values.

PhotoMe ( http://www.photome.de/home.html ) is an EXIF editor/viewer...

Thanks Eugene, also Hasan.

I haven't discovered how to do it in Irfanview. Can you show me?

I've installed PhotoMe and I can edit almost all the metadata, including the aperture setting. However there isn't a box to enter the lens name. There's a Comments box but that seems to be the only box which is not editable - how weird is that?? A future version might correct this but it doesn't seem possible at present.