Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta lens adapters
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Camera types
Canon EOS
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
Olympus E
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Nikon
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Pentax
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Sony
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Exakta lens adapters Reply with quote

Our member Sqwall have a friend who can make good quality Exakta lens adapter to different SLR camera bodies. I put here a little survey how many people would like to use Exakta lenses. I will sell these adapters in my Ebay shop or directly here for reasonable price. Please vote for what kind of camera would you like to get Exakta lens adapters.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I know who did the 2 Olympus votes! hahahaha

I don't Exakta-ly have any Exakta lenses right now, just contingency
planning! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real benefits from Exakta lens, they are going much cheaper than M42 version and a couple of lens available only with Exakta mount.I have a couple of one already so I wait pretty much for my adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the adapter can be manufactured to allow true infinity focus, then Exakta to EOS for me please Very Happy

I don't know if an Exakta - M42 is possible with regard to the lens register distance.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, too thin the distance only 0.7mm the difference between EOS and Exakta.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just won my first Exakta lens!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250142295749&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

So do let me know when the first Olympus adapters appear on the
conveyor belt! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, you will be the first Smile I have this little one, still makes great pictures.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/zeiss/tessar/tessar_50mm_f2_8_exa_small/
I am not sure mine is T coated or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens is faster, since mine is f3.5 wide open, but mine has the red
"T" emblazoned on the inner ring signifying that it was blessed by the
God of Thunder! wuhahahahaha! Actually, tho, these T lenses are
supposed to be incredibly sharp.

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Incredible sharp comparable with other lenses from that age. I don't believe sharper than Helios-44 or any other latest cheap but good lens. So don't expect too much. Good to have, but I guess you will use other lenses for photography.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Sounds interesting, very. But how much is the distance , the registered distance (mount-sensor/film) for an exa/exacta mount ? Can be made a Exa/Exacta - Pentax K adapter ?
How cay be controled the diaphragm ? I saw that there is an external connection of the lens to the body ? Why ?
Thank you.

PS.
I found these two links about EXAs and EXACTAs:
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/exakta/exakta_35mm_guide/exakta_35mm_guide-1.pdf
and
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/exakta/exakta_35mm_guide/exakta_35mm_guide-2.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not every Exakta lens has external exposure button, I am afraid it will not possible to support infinity to Pentax body.Thinking on it infinity is only important for wide angle shoots. In many cases not important at all. For example for portraits etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you. I found , finally , the distance: it is 44.70 mm (hope I understand it well). I know it from here: http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/exakta/lenses.html (see "Lens adapter" chapter).
So it can be used (to focus to infinity) on Pentax ( Sad ), nor Nikon. Even Canon has 0.7mm difference but it might be done. The Olympus is in the best situation.

Here are some links about other kind of Exaktas and their manufacturer (in italiano Smile ):
http://www.reflex.it/leggere/exakta/index.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila,
Another adapter I'm after is a Tamron Adaptall to Oly 4/3. I started
a thread about it...

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very much interested in a Exakta-EOS-adapter, since I have four EXA lenses (at least one of them is very good).

It should be possible to produce this adapter. Well, there is a M42-PK-adapter (same register!). But then I wouldn't be able to do it.

So, I just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
It should be possible to produce this adapter. Well, there is a M42-PK-adapter (same register!). But then I wouldn't be able to do it.

If the "destination" mount diameter is bigger, it's possible to push the lens a bit inside the camera, so it would be possible to produce an adapter even for a smaller register distance. The only problem would be mirror clearance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. and not for every people need infinity support I am perfectly fine without that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
.. and not for every people need infinity support I am perfectly fine without that.

I guess, I am not. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither am I.

As Buzz Lightyear opined, "To infinity, and beyond...." Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I used wide angle lens only for testing ... Smile