Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exa Ia
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Exa Ia Reply with quote

Bought it yesterday. Put a roll on it today, I'll post some results in a few days.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

The Exa Ia AKA VX 100 was built in Dresden/GDR 1964-1977. This camera was made before the integration of Ihagee into Pentacon, i.e. before 1970.
The mounted Meritar lens was built 1963-1968. It's the model 2 in version 2 ("Zebra"). It's a Cooke-Triplet 3/3 design.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos of your camera. Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a: great information, thank you. The german zebra lenses always look nice. I had a Pentacon 50 f1.8 zebra that looked like the m42 Oreston. Great lens, I miss it. I would love to get a Exacta mount Oreston 50 f1.8.

uddhava: thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Turtle

I sincerely hope that your lens will be better than mine.
I tested my copy today and it wasn't able to produce really sharp pictures from edge to edge not even at F16, nor on APS-C (Ricoh GXR-M). Rolling Eyes
So I really have to state that I have a new "worst lens" in my collection. It's simply crap. Crying or Very sad
Although, the center of the picture is usable. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen some tests and comparisons, it looks like it's not a very sharp 50mm, but I believe it's still usable at least for web size. We'll see, I'm more concerned about the quality of the exposures because I'm not using a lightmeter.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antico wrote:
I've seen some tests and comparisons, it looks like it's not a very sharp 50mm, but I believe it's still usable at least for web size. We'll see, I'm more concerned about the quality of the exposures because I'm not using a lightmeter.

Why not use sunny 16. I never meter and get almost 100% success. Plenty of Sunny 16 info on this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy: yes, I try to expose considering sunny 16, plus one stop because of how color film can handle overexposure, but I've been using cameras with lightmeter for a couple years and I've lost the habit of calculating the exposure myself. I hope it goes well