Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EXA @ EOS ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: EXA @ EOS ??? Reply with quote

Does anybody know how to adapt Exa lenses (Exa baynoet) to an EOS body?
As far as the register is concerned it should work.

Are there any adapters?

Carsten


PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made extensive research about Exakta adapter I only found for Olympus E-xxx at http://www.cameraquest.com.
I made home made adapter for Nikon Smile


PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Attila!

Carsten

P.S.: You seem to work out a lot. Your biceps/tricpes are well-defined. I just realise such things, since I also did some training years ago.


PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Thanks a lot, Attila!

Carsten

P.S.: You seem to work out a lot. Your biceps/tricpes are well-defined. I just realise such things, since I also did some training years ago.


Yeah, I spent more than 20 years with hard sports like full-contact kyokushinkai karate and later with body-building. 3 years ago my back is injured seriously so this is unfortunately over.We say in Hungary in every bad thing must found a small amount good one. No time for sports I have found time for photos so dear my friend we can continue training with heavy old glasses like Pentacon 500mm f/5.6 and Tair 300mm f/4.5 etc Smile


PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yeah, I spent more than 20 years with hard sports like full-contact kyokushinkai karate and later with body-building. 3 years ago my back is injured seriously so this is unfortunately over.We say in Hungary in every bad thing must found a small amount good one. No time for sports I have found time for photos so dear my friend we can continue training with heavy old glasses like Pentacon 500mm f/5.6 and Tair 300mm f/4.5 etc Smile


Wow! Which Dan?

Yes, I also practise with the Tair.
And with a heavy tripod! Very Happy Wink

Carsten


PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Dan level I wasn't such a talented and I started earlier I had to study mostly from myself Smile I got 4. kyu only. My most talented student has 3. Dan and another one famous bodyguard another guy combat specialist at Hungarian Police. My girls also study Kyokushinkai Karate the oldest has 6.kyu right now and 17th years Smile She would be my next model on portrait lens test Smile Did you also study some martial art ?


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
We say in Hungary in every bad thing must found a small amount good one.


= in English: Every cloud has a silver lining


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Did you also study some martial art ?


Well, sort of, but not really. I did some classes at university to see what the different martial arts are like, but I never really started.
I practise Tai Chi, though.

Carsten


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Attila wrote:
We say in Hungary in every bad thing must found a small amount good one.


= in English: Every cloud has a silver lining


Many thanks to improve my English! Interesting isn't it ? We have familiar saying even if living far from each other. I found common nasty jokes with my American friends when I worked over there. I was surprised Smile I didn't found common jokes when I worked in India, but I found same words with same meaning that was also very interesting and exciting research.


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:
Did you also study some martial art ?


Well, sort of, but not really. I did some classes at university to see what the different martial arts are like, but I never really started.
I practise Tai Chi, though.

Carsten


OOPS! Tai Chi do you like philosophy in it or medical care or just found interesting ? What is your blood type ? "0" I don't think so , I guess "A" or "AB" .


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
OOPS! Tai Chi do you like philosophy in it or medical care or just found interesting ? What is your blood type ? "0" I don't think so , I guess "A" or "AB" .


Well, I guess it is a bit of everything.
I have realised that it helps to feel better. Especially the Qi Gung part of it helps me to calm down after a stressful day, to free my head and to get rid of all the annoying thoughts I have in mind.

And it's fun to amaze my students, you know I'm a P.E. teacher, when even bigger students than me, try to push me away, but they can't. Wink

I'm "B+". I have never heard of a connection there. Can you inform me?
What would be best for a "B+"-type?

Carsten


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Attila wrote:
OOPS! Tai Chi do you like philosophy in it or medical care or just found interesting ? What is your blood type ? "0" I don't think so , I guess "A" or "AB" .


Well, I guess it is a bit of everything.
I have realised that it helps to feel better. Especially the Qi Gung part of it helps me to calm down after a stressful day, to free my head and to get rid of all the annoying thoughts I have in mind.

And it's fun to amaze my students, you know I'm a P.E. teacher, when even bigger students than me, try to push me away, but they can't. Wink

I'm "B+". I have never heard of a connection there. Can you inform me?
What would be best for a "B+"-type?

Carsten


B+ is rare in Europe, this is the reason why I guess "A" or "AB" .Reason why I sure you are not "0", Tai Chi. For "0" need massive hard sport like full contact , this blood type came from stone age. This kind of people like predators they favourite food is meal etc. "A" comes after , they love to eat vegetables, fruits and much less meal. "B" is more modern their body process very well milk and milk products more than others. Origin is India, so your familiar with philosophy like Tai chi not surprised me. You are in good path indeed this activity was born for you. Eat a few meal and prefer others I guess this is your taste in generally. "AB" is latest one blood type of modern human,they can eat everything without problem. I have no clue about their affinity for sports , should mixed like eating habit.

Resource for this subject: http://www.dadamo.com/ I read his book and found to true based on my habit. I am "0+".

Attila


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting! Thanks a lot!

Carsten


PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very welcome my friend!


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tracked this down some time ago:
Click here to see on Ebay
However, I read somewhere that it doesn't allow infinity focus - only focus to 100m and that if you fit an Exakta mount lens that uses the outer lugs, it will foul the mirror on the EOS 5D. Whether that's accurate, I can's say as I don't have this adapter.

Edit by Attila: Please put only the item number into Ebay brackets.


PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did Attila but it changed back to the big link.

I've re-edited it again.


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
I tracked this down some time ago:
Click here to see on Ebay
However, I read somewhere that it doesn't allow infinity focus - only focus to 100m and that if you fit an Exakta mount lens that uses the outer lugs, it will foul the mirror on the EOS 5D. Whether that's accurate, I can's say as I don't have this adapter.

Edit by Attila: Please put only the item number into Ebay brackets.


Whow! $150,- ??? My Exa lenses are not worth that!


PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whow! $150,- ??? My Exa lenses are not worth that!


Some of mine are, but I still grudge paying $150 for an adapter that may not even allow infinity focus...