Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Eugene Atget - Berenice Abbott
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Eugene Atget - Berenice Abbott Reply with quote

We were at a party at my wife's old friend's - the friend's father is a photographer and photography teacher, trained under Berenice Abbott amongst others.

He's also something of a collector. Probably the largest private collection of photo books in New York City. Walls full - including his loft size photo studio - of famous original prints. And a collection of antique cameras I've yet to see, squirrelled away somewhere.

This time, what caught my attention was a Berenice Abbott print of this famous Atget photograph in the entry to the apartment.

Eugene Atget was arguably the first street photographer, and the forerunner of one of the major streams of photography as art.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eug%C3%A8ne_Atget

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This friend, Tom Caravaglia, here with Berenice Abbott:

And Eugene Atget by Berenice Abbott:

Berenice by Man Ray:

I feel touched by photo history Laughing