Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ermione (Elmarit-R 90 last optical version)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Ermione (Elmarit-R 90 last optical version) Reply with quote

Snapped on the fly, I was very lucky to get the focus well, a second after she turned away.

Tomorrow I will put this lens for sale in the Marketplace, I have two of them and I need to cash.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo! You have the best lenses! What is better, Elmarit-R 2/90 or Planar T* 1.4/85? Smile Smile

"I saw a cute kitty"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dani9batan wrote:
Wooo! You have the best lenses! What is better, Elmarit-R 2/90 or Planar T* 1.4/85? Smile Smile
"I saw a cute kitty"

Smile
The Elmarit-R 90 has a higher resolvance; in fact, it has the highest resolvance of all the 85-90 mm lenses that I tried (including Planar 1.4/85, Summicron-R 2/90 and Apo-Lanthar 3.5/90),
except for the Planar 1.2/85 which was brought to mankind from another galaxy so it doesn't count. Laughing
But, my preferred 85mm lens remains the Planar 1.4/85, for the other characteristics of the image (blur transition mostly, and contrast), which are also important - resolvance is only a part of the image.
In any case, it can help to have both if you are really into being a portraitist. They have different uses. When in an image, you need absolute detail and life-likeness, the Elmarit-R 90 is the lens to use.
With the Elmarit is like if the object is there again in front of you.
Also, the Elmarit-R 90 is affordable compared to it's top quality - I'll sell my copy for 340 Euros.
When instead you want sensual blur, poetry, lively 3D rendition, you need to use the Planar, absolutely.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super lens! Beautiful cat too. Wow eyes!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating eyes! Very beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
dani9batan wrote:
"I saw a cute kitty"

Smile
The Elmarit-R 90 has a higher resolvance; in fact, it has the highest resolvance of all the 85-90 mm lenses that I tried (including Planar 1.4/85, Summicron-R 2/90 and Apo-Lanthar 3.5/90),
except for the Planar 1.2/85 which was brought to mankind from another galaxy so it doesn't count. Laughing
But, my preferred 85mm lens remains the Planar 1.4/85, for the other characteristics of the image (blur transition mostly, and contrast), which are also important - resolvance is only a part of the image.
In any case, it can help to have both if you are really into being a portraitist. They have different uses. When in an image, you need absolute detail and life-likeness, the Elmarit-R 90 is the lens to use.
With the Elmarit is like if the object is there again in front of you.
Also, the Elmarit-R 90 is affordable compared to it's top quality - I'll sell my copy for 340 Euros.
When instead you want sensual blur, poetry, lively 3D rendition, you need to use the Planar, absolutely.

can i just say that THIS is how to describe equipment! we have many many threads that become quite contentious because the question is 'why buy 'X' when less priced 'Y' is just as good?' inevitably we get one side deriding X proponents as 'extravagent' and Y proponents as lacking 'true' understanding of an undefined 'quality'. yet no one simply, accurately and without prejudice describes the differences between X and Y like this. we should bookmark this so we can use it over and over as an example until we all get it!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

can i just say that THIS is how to describe equipment! we have many many threads that become quite contentious because the question is 'why buy 'X' when less priced 'Y' is just as good?' inevitably we get one side deriding X proponents as 'extravagent' and Y proponents as lacking 'true' understanding of an undefined 'quality'. yet no one simply, accurately and without prejudice describes the differences between X and Y like this. we should bookmark this so we can use it over and over as an example until we all get it!

Couldn't agree more; it is always very difficult to describe the differences among equally specced lenses; I think this was one of the better attempts which are actually understandable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio

Clarity in pictures and words. Your command of english is to be admired.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And between the Elmarit and the Zeiss C/Y 85mm f2.8?? I will use it mainly for portrait