Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EPL1 + 14-42 II night test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: EPL1 + 14-42 II night test Reply with quote

Reasonable good results for a small light camera . Not comparable to the NEX series wich is briliant . The Canon EOS 400 is better over 1000 ISO . The stabilisation helps a lot for static subjects . All in all a good compromise replacement for the G9. It's a pleasure to use ;even if grainy at high iso I find myself using it more than I thought I will. The stabilisation works well .

1000 ISO handheld 1/8 sec f 3,6 15mm

crop :

ISO 1250 handheld 1/6 sec f 3.5 14mm

crop

1600 ISO f 3,5 1/6 sec , 14mm

crop :

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decent shots especially handheld. I like the first the best. I think you can do much better with one of the faster prime lenses available such as the 20mm f1.7

edit: that is where the m43 really shines is with the primes, the kit lenses, even the very good 14-42mm II don't come close to the speed of the primes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results, the stabilization work nice at 1/6s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramcewan wrote:
decent shots especially handheld. I like the first the best. I think you can do much better with one of the faster prime lenses available such as the 20mm f1.7

edit: that is where the m43 really shines is with the primes, the kit lenses, even the very good 14-42mm II don't come close to the speed of the primes.

thanks for the feedback Smile You're right , a fast prime would be better .I am thinking at the 14mm 2.5 .The kit lens indeed is not the best way to do night shots . the 20/1.7 is a great lens , but the focal length is not what I prefere .

poilu wrote :

Quote:
great results, the stabilization work nice at 1/6s

Yes , indeed , and the lens is lighter and smaller because the in body stabilisation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
thanks for the feedback Smile You're right , a fast prime would be better .I am thinking at the 14mm 2.5 .The kit lens indeed is not the best way to do night shots . the 20/1.7 is a great lens , but the focal length is not what I prefere .

I have the 14mm f2.5 and it is a really sharp lens for landscapes and what not.

here is a set on my flickr stream with this lens;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75988175@N05/sets/72157630280991664/

and one of my favorites from the set, from a recent trip to the grand canyon

P4232486_pp by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link . Good results !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome result

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thik to take this camera...how it's work with minolta md lens? and m42? It's ok whit this kind of lenses?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

verdurina wrote:
I thik to take this camera...how it's work with minolta md lens? and m42? It's ok whit this kind of lenses?

You need MD-m4/3 and M42-m4/3 adapters .Of course they work well both types.
The advantage is all the lenses will be stabilised !
One disadvantage for m4/3 cameras : the 2x crop factor ,a 24mm lens will produce images as a 50 mm lens on film. It's good for portrait lenses and tele .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answer! Wink
so, micro 4/3 il able to mounth all mf lenses, rigth? alfo can mount canon fd.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Next Lens Reply with quote

My original inclination for the first addition to my GF-1 (came with the 14-42 kit lens) was the 20mm/f1.7, but now I might rethink to the 14mm/f2.5 instead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well . . . I have e-pl1 but did not realize how poor the screen is - 230k. This made things hard to see in poor light. Rubbish auto focus too.
Get a different model - they are similar price now. I got an e-pm1 for better screen and much improved focus.
As OP states these early M4/3 do not compare with Nex
However I have now got e-pm2 which is far better and I use now with my nex.
The 14mm is a nice quick to focus, very small lens . . but a bit wide for me - the 20mm is more to my taste.
Hope this helps someone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spakkker wrote:
Well . . . I have e-pl1 but did not realize how poor the screen is - 230k. This made things hard to see in poor light. Rubbish auto focus too.
Get a different model - they are similar price now. I got an e-pm1 for better screen and much improved focus.
As OP states these early M4/3 do not compare with Nex
However I have now got e-pm2 which is far better and I use now with my nex.
The 14mm is a nice quick to focus, very small lens . . but a bit wide for me - the 20mm is more to my taste.
Hope this helps someone.

A bit late , perhaps.... Laughing the last post is one year and a half old ! But essentially ,you're right ... I'm also playing with the idea of a e-pm 2