Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EPL1 + 14-42 II night test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: EPL1 + 14-42 II night test Reply with quote

Reasonable good results for a small light camera . Not comparable to the NEX series wich is briliant . The Canon EOS 400 is better over 1000 ISO . The stabilisation helps a lot for static subjects . All in all a good compromise replacement for the G9. It's a pleasure to use ;even if grainy at high iso I find myself using it more than I thought I will. The stabilisation works well .

1000 ISO handheld 1/8 sec f 3,6 15mm

crop :

ISO 1250 handheld 1/6 sec f 3.5 14mm

crop

1600 ISO f 3,5 1/6 sec , 14mm

crop :

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

decent shots especially handheld. I like the first the best. I think you can do much better with one of the faster prime lenses available such as the 20mm f1.7

edit: that is where the m43 really shines is with the primes, the kit lenses, even the very good 14-42mm II don't come close to the speed of the primes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great results, the stabilization work nice at 1/6s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramcewan wrote:
decent shots especially handheld. I like the first the best. I think you can do much better with one of the faster prime lenses available such as the 20mm f1.7

edit: that is where the m43 really shines is with the primes, the kit lenses, even the very good 14-42mm II don't come close to the speed of the primes.

thanks for the feedback Smile You're right , a fast prime would be better .I am thinking at the 14mm 2.5 .The kit lens indeed is not the best way to do night shots . the 20/1.7 is a great lens , but the focal length is not what I prefere .

poilu wrote :

Quote:
great results, the stabilization work nice at 1/6s

Yes , indeed , and the lens is lighter and smaller because the in body stabilisation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
thanks for the feedback Smile You're right , a fast prime would be better .I am thinking at the 14mm 2.5 .The kit lens indeed is not the best way to do night shots . the 20/1.7 is a great lens , but the focal length is not what I prefere .

I have the 14mm f2.5 and it is a really sharp lens for landscapes and what not.

here is a set on my flickr stream with this lens;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/75988175@N05/sets/72157630280991664/

and one of my favorites from the set, from a recent trip to the grand canyon

P4232486_pp by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link . Good results !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome result

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thik to take this camera...how it's work with minolta md lens? and m42? It's ok whit this kind of lenses?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

verdurina wrote:
I thik to take this camera...how it's work with minolta md lens? and m42? It's ok whit this kind of lenses?

You need MD-m4/3 and M42-m4/3 adapters .Of course they work well both types.
The advantage is all the lenses will be stabilised !
One disadvantage for m4/3 cameras : the 2x crop factor ,a 24mm lens will produce images as a 50 mm lens on film. It's good for portrait lenses and tele .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answer! Wink
so, micro 4/3 il able to mounth all mf lenses, rigth? alfo can mount canon fd.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Next Lens Reply with quote

My original inclination for the first addition to my GF-1 (came with the 14-42 kit lens) was the 20mm/f1.7, but now I might rethink to the 14mm/f2.5 instead!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well . . . I have e-pl1 but did not realize how poor the screen is - 230k. This made things hard to see in poor light. Rubbish auto focus too.
Get a different model - they are similar price now. I got an e-pm1 for better screen and much improved focus.
As OP states these early M4/3 do not compare with Nex
However I have now got e-pm2 which is far better and I use now with my nex.
The 14mm is a nice quick to focus, very small lens . . but a bit wide for me - the 20mm is more to my taste.
Hope this helps someone.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spakkker wrote:
Well . . . I have e-pl1 but did not realize how poor the screen is - 230k. This made things hard to see in poor light. Rubbish auto focus too.
Get a different model - they are similar price now. I got an e-pm1 for better screen and much improved focus.
As OP states these early M4/3 do not compare with Nex
However I have now got e-pm2 which is far better and I use now with my nex.
The 14mm is a nice quick to focus, very small lens . . but a bit wide for me - the 20mm is more to my taste.
Hope this helps someone.

A bit late , perhaps.... Laughing the last post is one year and a half old ! But essentially ,you're right ... I'm also playing with the idea of a e-pm 2