Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS 50D officially announced
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: EOS 50D officially announced Reply with quote

Sorry if someone has already posted the news somewhere else, I have zero time for the forum these days, but I wanted to post this news just in case:

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/eos50d/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. There is no real reason for me to even think about an upgrade from my 40D. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Carsten, I also never think of "upgrading cameras" for the sake of it like you do with software - for me it's only a matter of "I do need it" or "I don't". In the case of the 40D, the features are so good that you will not need a newer camera for several years.

Having that said, the features of the 50D represent probably the hugest leap in terms of feature that Canon has ever implemented in a camera only one year after it's launch. The image size is exactly 50% bigger. This means that now you can print at 30x45 cm with the same quality detail that you used to have with prints of 20x30. The ISO has skyrocketed to incredible heights (of course we'll ahve to see the quality but think of what would mean to be able to shoot hand held with 12800 ISO if the quality is even just acceptable). And there's the new DIGIC processor that provides the power to handle the bigger sizes and larger calculations with approximately the same speed.

I admit, if I had the money I would really be tempted by this camera. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Carsten and you Orio about the 40D offering more than enough to stay with it. I also think we will see full frame coming way down in price over the next couple of years and the noise problems with CMOS being aggressively attacked. Nikon and Canon will continue to play leapfrog for some time. If computers hold a similar parallel then five years should see fundamental changes.

patrickh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
If computers hold a similar parallel then five years should see fundamental changes

Yeah! this 50D already have the face recognition algorithm
Do you really believe that in 5 years we will find a camera with mirror

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho guys,

Funny what you say about not upgrading from a 40D to a 50D. I am more than happy with my 30D and I hope this "happiness feeling" states with me for "many moons". I´d rather spend my money on lenses.

Also, as someone pointed out, FF cameras must come down in price with new cameras releases. So give yourself sometime if you are happy with what you have and in a couple of years time FF cameras will be more than available for the "common people".

Regards,

Fer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carsten wrote:
There is no real reason for me to even think about an upgrade from my 40D

For the 40D, your real reason was the 17-85IS
Now on the 50D, they offer the 18-200IS Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: 50D on u-tube Reply with quote

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=EBnDEx9lQCQ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in seeing real samples - I wonder whether 15mp will cause diffraction problems at f11, on 10mp APS sensors f16 can be marginal.