Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EOS 3-Ektar 100 Spray
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: EOS 3-Ektar 100 Spray Reply with quote

EOS3 70-200 f/2.8L IS

Acadia 4/12/11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron, each time you show pics from Acadia, I get homesick Smile To make my sickness complete, if you ever pass by Seal Harbor take some pics. The harbor and the general store, especially...

The power of the sea is palpable in these pics.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jussi. I was in Seal Harbor twice last week. I'll try to remember and get some shots

By the way, I saw some of your Ektar 100 shots on an other forum. Did you ever post them here? They looked great to me. If you did I probable missed them while I was layed up with the bad back.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beautiful place to visit! Colors are interesting to me, I am not familiar with northern coast line perhaps this is reason only.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
A beautiful place to visit! Colors are interesting to me, I am not familiar with northern coast line perhaps this is reason only.

Thanks Attila.

The granite in this area is mostly pinkish color. A lot of the sand is also.

This is the color of most of the rock. The color is about exact.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 I would agree.

I've tried Ektar early on in 35mm, didn't really like it... but I've shot some in 120 and that's worked out better. There was a series with the diacord, and another of old cars with a p645.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ron, even more interesting to visit in this case!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always nice to see Ektar images. Especially with such beautiful scenics. I've used it only in 35mm so far, and have generally been happy with the results. Since most of my photography is outdoors, I like seeing that it reproduces colors faithfully.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
+1 I would agree.

I've tried Ektar early on in 35mm, didn't really like it... but I've shot some in 120 and that's worked out better. There was a series with the diacord, and another of old cars with a p645.

Have you got a link to the p645 pictures? I am thinking very seriously about getting one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/old-cars-parade-ektar-p645-a150-t30454,highlight,%2Bektar.html

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seek here pictures taken by Larry in slide film gallery, finest 645 pictures what you kind find ever.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
It's always nice to see Ektar images. Especially with such beautiful scenics. I've used it only in 35mm so far, and have generally been happy with the results. Since most of my photography is outdoors, I like seeing that it reproduces colors faithfully.

Thanks Michael.

I tried shooting it at ASA 80 and lower as recommended so often on the net and often got weird colors. Now i shoot it at ASA 125 all the time and ASA100 if it is a little dark and get results I'm happy with about every time. I took a whole roll at different ASA settings to see for myself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember seeing it now. I think they came out great. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Seek here pictures taken by Larry in slide film gallery, finest 645 pictures what you kind find ever.

I know Larry's pictures. I'll never be a Larry if I live to be 100. Not many others will either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schnauzer wrote:
Attila wrote:

I know Larry's pictures. I'll never be a Larry if I live to be 100. *Not many others will either*.

That's the comfort I take with me, too, Ron, when it comes to Larry.
Wink

Love the blue sea in these, last is my fave. You're gonna have to stop taking these, Ron, dammit.
Take some of your wife's jewelry box or something. Smile

If you're ever near where the Winter Harbor base was, see if you can get
on, would love to see what it mutated into. Bath is a fave town, too, have
postcards I bought and am too stingy to use them. So many great places
in Maine...

Did NAS Brunswick finally close? They've been talking about it for years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Schnauzer wrote:
Attila wrote:

I know Larry's pictures. I'll never be a Larry if I live to be 100. *Not many others will either*.

That's the comfort I take with me, too, Ron, when it comes to Larry.
Wink

Love the blue sea in these, last is my fave. You're gonna have to stop taking these, Ron, dammit.
Take some of your wife's jewelry box or something. Smile

If you're ever near where the Winter Harbor base was, see if you can get
on, would love to see what it mutated into. Bath is a fave town, too, have
postcards I bought and am too stingy to use them. So many great places
in Maine...

Did NAS Brunswick finally close? They've been talking about it for years.

Thanks Bill.

I try to check out winter harbor right off. Yes they closed NAS Brunswick. I think it was last year. Town will take it over and probable make a mess of it. The Bath shipyard is going strong.