Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enna Munchen Tele Ennalyt 90 mm f 2.8 Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Enna Munchen Tele Ennalyt 90 mm f 2.8 Lens Reply with quote

Hello!

I just bought a minty copy of this lense.. and I can't find any price information at all.. Does anyone know what it's worth?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just a few minutes ago I had the highest bid on E-bay on such a lens (the latest version with a serialnumber that starts with a "4").

I won it for 66 Euro. I think that's a below-average-price, but I took a risk with that buy:
The advertisment only had one picture (of the frontglass). The seller has a 93% feedback-score and the payement had to be done with a banc transfer or a cheque (so no paypal protection...for what that's worth).

I can only hope I gambled right.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1

Yeahhh.., I know, lol.

But I have a good feeling about this one.
Half an hour before the end the highest bid was 30,50 Euro.
First I wanted to place a bid of 63 euro. But then I thought that it might not be enough so I raised that bid upto 65 Euro (but I didn't push the "go"-button yet).
A few minutes later I changed that figure into 66,87 Euro...for no good reason.
I waited untill four seconds of the end to enter that bid.
And guess what, the second-highest bid was 65 Euro. So, I won that item for 66 Euro and I still had a margin of 87 cent.

I think the lens will be like new when it arrives Wink.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also followed this auction, but I was very hesitant at first because of the French seller with a score of 93% !!! The comments from previous buyers were devastating and also the reactions of the seller were really insulting.
But also because of the lens. I had the impression that the front element looked partially quite hazy. Now I hope I am wrong and that this purchase has a happy ending for you. Keep us informed.

Congrats

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I hope it's not forbidden to do so, but this is that one picture from the ad:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: The lens has arrived today.

At the outside it looks really good. Superb even.
But the focusring is soo stiff that it's hardly usable.
I even unscrewed the T2-mount when I tried to turn the focus-ring and that mount is fixed by three screws!

An even bigger problem however is that 2 blades are dislocated in the aperture.
The aperture-ring still turns and luckily the blades don't seem to look bended or crooked.
Now that I know of the problem I can see on the ad-picture that one blade is sticking out a little bit.
In the meanwhile though, because I turned the aperture-ring a few times, the problem has become a lot worse.

I wrote a mail to the seller to inform him about the problem (as if he didn't allready knew...).
I wonder what his reaction will be (but I dare to bet that he will say that the lens was in a good condition when he shipped it).

Reminder to myself: don't risk it again to buy from an Ebay-seller with a feedback-score of only 93,2 %.

Edit: I've just put the lens on my camera and even with that half-shielded aperture-hole the pictures look OK.
It's possible to focus to infinity as well. So luckily it's not all bad news.