Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enna München Macro-Ennalyt 3.5/35mm (pics & test)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Enna München Macro-Ennalyt 3.5/35mm (pics & test) Reply with quote

I heard not too many good stories of this lens. Ofcourse it's not very fast, but I am happy with the image quality

the lens (very mint) came in today:

wide open full image test on my 5d mark2. (without adapter yet) Sorry for the iso noise

http://savale.mine.nu/_MG_4864.jpg

pretty sharp and nice bokeh I think.

Anyone got more info on this lens?

Last edited by savale on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link doesn't work here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
The link doesn't work here.

sorry don't know what's wrong. In preview it works, but not when submitted. sorry

*fixed now I think*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any more tests I should do to know if it's a keeper? Smile I don't have the m42 adapter yet so it's hard to walk around with it now. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to plastic chassis these Enna lenses are prone to different types of removable haze. They are easily serviceable. But do not judge optical performace when your sample isn't clean. If clean all 28mm and 35mm give really good performance (your test shot seems nice BTW). Better then most 20 years younger Korean made.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Due to plastic chassis these Enna lenses are prone to different types of removable haze. They are easily serviceable. But do not judge optical performace when your sample isn't clean. If clean all 28mm and 35mm give really good performance (your test shot seems nice BTW). Better then most 20 years younger Korean made.

plastic chasis? you mean the housing of the lens? mine is heavy metal Wink I am also very happy with it's sharpness. Hope I get my adapter soon so I can really play with it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is Macro about it? Ho close does it focus?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blende8 wrote:
What is Macro about it? Ho close does it focus?

not going to use it as a macro but if I remember it right: closest is 23cm as I am right. I can check it later. But at 35 that's not really macro haha

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry chassis wrong word i mean housing yes, though most of Enna that have plastic housing have plastic interior too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Sorry chassis wrong word i mean housing yes, though most of Enna that have plastic housing have plastic interior too.

Ok I think I am lucky Wink I am not that into manual focus and old lenses yet, but I am really gettting into it. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant, I now know the maker of Wallace Heaton lenses! I had the 35/3.5 and a 300/5.6, made in West Germany, and they look exactly the same Smile

They were crap, but at least I know who made them now Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Brilliant, I now know the maker of Wallace Heaton lenses! I had the 35/3.5 and a 300/5.6, made in West Germany, and they look exactly the same Smile

The enna 3,5/35 lens is a crap one?

Hummm......are you sure. Not the best, of course, but crap?

Rino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:

haha Razz Maybe I've other standards, but look at the sample pic I made... seems to performe pretty good on my 5d2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That jpg sample was slow, but the blueridge guitar neck look awesome for a crap lens?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Housing crappy Hall of fame, optics inside above average.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, my apologies, I wasn't commenting on the example photo here (missed it somehow, but the guitar looks good). My copy was tested as a wideangle, and it wasn't special to be honest...quite soft. What macro ratio does the lens go to? Mine wasn't marked as macro, but clearly had a close focus capability.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Housing crappy Hall of fame,...

Sounds like the one I have. It is the lightest lens I have ever owned.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about and don't remember a crappy lens 3,5/35 mm made after middle of 60's.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the housing is heavy. everything is made of metal. it's not really macro I think:

closest focus ~ 25cm

optic quality is pretty good isn;t it? I can compare since I have no other primes in that range... but compared to my 17-40 F4.0 L canon it's sharper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

savale wrote:
the housing is heavy. everything is made of metal. it's not really macro I think:

closest focus ~ 25cm

optic quality is pretty good isn;t it? I can compare since I have no other primes in that range... but compared to my 17-40 F4.0 L canon it's sharper

Huh, that puzzles me. On your photos it certainly seems made from metal. Try to light a bit of fire underneath and see what happens Wink. Anyway i have one like yours plastic as plastic can be.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
savale wrote:

closest focus ~ 25cm

Huh, that puzzles me. On your photos it certainly seems made from metal. Try to light a bit of fire underneath and see what happens Wink. Anyway i have one like yours plastic as plastic can be.

I am sure it's metal because it's cold / heavy and sounds like it :') Maybe there have been different revisions?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never impressed by these later "plastic fantastic" versions. The earlier full metal zebra ones are much. much better.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plastic version didn't be destined to impress us, only to reduce costs. Wink

Not for our benefit, for maker profit.

Rino.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but how much would these be worth? I mean an earlier metal body one with a good optical and aperture condition but heavy focus?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one today. Plastic.. I am pretty sure the front element isn't supposed to be concave