Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enlarger lenses on a DSLR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely easy way to get small lenses on m42.
Plastic m42 body caps.
Drill a hole just under the width of your thread.
You should be able to screw your lens into the soft plastic.
You may have to do a bit of trial and error fitting with a file (to adjust the size of the hole in the plastic).
If done right it is very firm and secure.
I've done it with a dozen lenses or so.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saludos Amigo!

This is a very good solution Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Extremely easy way to get small lenses on m42.
Plastic m42 body caps.
Drill a hole just under the width of your thread.
You should be able to screw your lens into the soft plastic.
You may have to do a bit of trial and error fitting with a file (to adjust the size of the hole in the plastic).
If done right it is very firm and secure.
I've done it with a dozen lenses or so.

I do the same than use hot glue to hold it in properly. It will come off easily enough if you pull it hard.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
Hi Ray,

I have some very old SK enlarging lenses with fine threads, Looking at them I would say they are M25x0.5 thread.

It would be nice to get them up to M39 or M42, but I cant seem to find adapters. Have you come across a solution for these?

I'm not Ray, but I know where to find such adapters: Click here to see on Ebay or here from
SRB Griturn in the UK http://srb-photographic.co.uk/m39-to-m25-schneider-adaptor-6130-p.asp
Schneider also has them as part # 92-056001 as "00" to LTM (M25x0.5 is a standard "00" shutter mount)

I'm an engineer, I have to do things the "right way" Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
JohnBar wrote:
Hi Ray,

I have some very old SK enlarging lenses with fine threads, Looking at them I would say they are M25x0.5 thread.

It would be nice to get them up to M39 or M42, but I cant seem to find adapters. Have you come across a solution for these?

I'm not Ray, but I know where to find such adapters: Click here to see on Ebay or here from
SRB Griturn in the UK http://srb-photographic.co.uk/m39-to-m25-schneider-adaptor-6130-p.asp
Schneider also has them as part # 92-056001 as "00" to LTM (M25x0.5 is a standard "00" shutter mount)

I can buy half a dozen in China for the price listed in Ebay. The adapter is also available for '0' shutter with M32x0.5 thread.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
Hi Ray,

I have a Componon with that size thread but have not successfully adapted it to M39 or M42. I figure there must be a solution out there but so far I have not found one.

Hah, I see that when I replied I missed almost whole page of earlier replies giving solutions! Hate it when that happens.

Last edited by Ray Parkhurst on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Parkhurst wrote:
JohnBar wrote:
Hi Ray,

I have a Componon with that size thread but have not successfully adapted it to M39 or M42. I figure there must be a solution out there but so far I have not found one.

It is mentioned in the adapter thread on the coin community site Ray (??)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Ray Parkhurst wrote:
JohnBar wrote:
Hi Ray,

It is mentioned in the adapter thread on the coin community site Ray (??)

Klaus...can you attach a link? I don't remember that thread...Ray

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Thanks Klaus,

I am aeronautical engineer and so fully conversant in rocket science Smile

but I learnt the 4th F is the most important one. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

I can buy half a dozen in China for the price listed in Ebay. The adapter is also available for '0' shutter with M32x0.5 thread.

Calvin, you must reveal the secret source Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Parkhurst wrote:
JohnBar wrote:
Hi Ray,

Have a look at this article. In the middle there you will find - as part of the VNEX system - conversion rings for M25, M27, M30 and M32.5 screw mount lenses to M39.

http://forum.mflenses.com/the-vnex-enlarger-lens-project-v2-0-t67487.html

Sometimes i ask myself, why some threads about enlarger lens conversion are made Sticky here, if nobody reads them Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Thanks Klaus,

I am aeronautical engineer and so fully conversant in rocket science Smile

but I learnt the 4th F is the most important one. Wink

Oh, those engineers... Mr. Green

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Calvin, you must reveal the secret source Wink

I can do something if there are some demands from different members.