Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Enlargement lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Enlargement lenses Reply with quote

I wonder about how they're useable on SLRs - if their register distance is shorter or longer than most common SLR cameras.
Any experience about shooting with them?

In theory, they should have higher resolving power compared to camera lenses. But maybe my theory is wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can use them:

This is what my Ennagon 2.8/85 looks like at an EOS600:

For the construction follow this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucispictor-photo/471319559/

EDIT: Sorry, this Ennagon is not a Enlargement lens but a projector lens, but if you can use enlargers, the way should be similar.
A good friend of mine successfully uses an Enlargement lens at bellows for close-ups:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shoots!!! I guess I will take some, they are cheap .... Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but you have to build you own lens barrel. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, maybe I'll try one. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should be excellent as macro lenses since they are all corrected for flat field. You could also try one reverse mounted?

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
They should be excellent as macro lenses since they are all corrected for flat field.

I'll tell you a secret, their correction factor is exactly the reason why I made the question in the first place Wink

But I hope that they can reach at least a couple meters focus...
Goal?
Reproducing paintings. I have to photograph all my father's collection. And I thought "nothing can be less distortion-affected than a good Schneider or Rodenstock lens."

Don't know if true or not, but I suspect it's true Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used the Nikor EL on a bellows as a macro, cant work out whether it should be mounted the way it would go on the enlarger or in revers as it is designed for the light to go therough the other way, thoughts welcome!

this was taken with one (sorry Orio, I will keep it small for you!)