Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elmar or Industar-22 on M39 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Elmar or Industar-22 on M39 adapter Reply with quote

If you have an Elmar, Industrar 22 or othe lens with a 'lock' on the focusing ring, you know that the normal M39 adapter will not allow it to focus to infinity. I filed a small wedge out of the adapter and it works perfectly now.

Of course since doing this I discovered the Elmar and the Industar have different 'resting' positions. So my adapter has a double wedge filed out. It does the job nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, nice modification.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't beat a good hack! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just unscrewed the button for the infinity lock, it's non destructive and reversible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I just unscrewed the button for the infinity lock, it's non destructive and reversible.

Good idea but if I'm taking my Leica or Zorki out I always take my Sony and I need to use the lens on both cameras.