Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elkinon 1:1.3 18mm (Leitz Wetzlar Germany)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Elkinon 1:1.3 18mm (Leitz Wetzlar Germany) Reply with quote

Hello,

I found this projector's lens in my grandpa's Leitz Wetzlar Cinovid. I was wondering what mount it had, and if there was any way to adapt it for a m42 mount ?

Here's the lens:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from an old 8mm cine projector … of little practical use except on a mirrorless body with a relatively small sensor.
M42 probably not a mount of choice in this instance Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks Smile

I guess it is probably better to sell it with the Cinovid. I was excited to find a way to (finally) get my hands on a wide angle that's cheap... But I did have the feeling that this would be impractical. I am anyway a beginner in the field... I got my first film camera a few weeks ago and I'm waiting for it to be repaired in order to avoid light streams Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may estimate lens coverage by the size of the back glass. This one is tiny, so most probably it will give a small circle even in a cropped camera. But sometimes it makes fun, and the small circle image might be very sharp. Try freelensing, that is holding the lens by hand in front of the sensor.