Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Elitar Soligor 25mm f0.95 'cine' lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Elitar Soligor 25mm f0.95 'cine' lens Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm wondering if anybody has any information on this lens from Soligor.

As far as I know, the lens was released in chrome and black. I have a chrome one, and I know of just two other people online that have different black versions.

Aside from that, I've struggled to find out much more... I'd love to know something of the history, where it was manufactured and when... etc. Any tips or insight would be welcome!

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your lens is for 16mm film, it's shown in an Elitar-Soligor brochure I recently bought. Based on the text on the back cover, I'm guessing the brochure was printed in the early 1960s..?

Also, at Camerapedia's Allied Impex page there's a 1956 Soligor ad which includes your lens:
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Allied_Impex

Here are all the pages from my Elitar-Soligor brochure:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome, thank you!

Any objections to me sharing these images on my blog? I will credit you for the scan obviously.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephenmcleod wrote:
This is awesome, thank you!

Any objections to me sharing these images on my blog? I will credit you for the scan obviously.

You're very welcome. I've been wanting to share this brochure and I'm happy you gave me an excuse! Wink
And yes, as far as I'm concerned, feel free to share the images. I believe they should be shared with all who are interested.

Edit:

Just thinking out loud here... I'm still a bit fuzzy on what's considered "fair use" for sharing catalogs, brochures, etc.
It seems that as long as the material is older, publisher credit is given, and profit isn't the motivation for sharing, it should be okay.

So it's fine with me if anyone wants to share these images. And I don't need any credit myself. But anyone who shares, please include a link to mflenses.com since they are making this sharing possible.

Thanks!

Tim

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tim for sharing this.
Does anyone know what is the "B&H Mount" that appears in the brochure under 8mm lenses? I guess B&H stands for Bell & Howell (and not for Blimie and Herman of B&H Photo-Video fame), but I have never heard of this cine lens mount. Is it a threadmount or a bayonet?

Cheers!

Abbazz

Last edited by Abbazz on Mon May 07, 2018 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! There shouldn't be any legal issues - but wanted to check in with you for politeness. I'll share one or two of the images and link back here.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
Thank you Tim for sharing this.
Does anyone know what is the "B&H Mount" that appears in the brochure under 8mm lenses? I guess B&W stands for Bell & Howell, but I have never heard of this cine lens mount. Is it a threadmount or a bayonet?

Cheers!

Abbazz

It's my pleasure, Abbazz. But I know very little about cine lenses, so I can't help you.

stephenmcleod wrote:
Thanks! There shouldn't be any legal issues - but wanted to check in with you for politeness. I'll share one or two of the images and link back here.

Yes, I appreciate that. Thank you and enjoy!

Tim

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had many Soligors cine lenses, but never the super elitar. What's the serial of your lens? Any prefix or suffix?

Cheers Lars

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't seem to get notifications to replies on threads on this forum for some reason. Weird. Anyway, the serial is:

No. 814234 Japan