Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Edouard Boubat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Edouard Boubat Reply with quote

I had the luck to find one used copy of the book "Lella" by Edouard Boubat at Amazon France for only a few Euros:

The book is quite rare and usually sold around 80-100 Euros. And althought there are other Boubat books that show his Lella portraits, this is the one that is dedicated to her.

I have to say, man, what gorgeous B&W portraits. They are, for me and my personal taste, as close to the perfection as B&W portraits can be.
It is difficult to say what catches me in them. It has to do with the quality of the B&W prints for sure. Also with the light. Also with the old fashioned beauty of the model. But there is also something undefineable that escapes my wording.

Unfortunately, many of the best photos in the book are not available on the internet. My favourite photo is not for instance. But some are. Here's some samples that can be an invitation to discover this great B&W photographer by buying his books:

Some non-Lella pictures (some are very small, sorry):

[img]http://www.candacedwan.com/jelly/data/photograph/image/Maximum_Width=1000,Maximum_Height=322/85.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your find, it looks like an amazing book Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamNR17 wrote:
Congratulations on your find, it looks like an amazing book Very Happy

It is. And the best ones are not shown here.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last one is breathtaking...