Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EdixaMat A.Schacht Ulm Travenar 2.8/90mm Portrait-Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valjo wrote:

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serkol wrote:
I am also waiting for a parcel with 16L version Smile

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my M42 copy and bought a LTM copy to use on my rangefinder. Idea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder whether there is a difference between the earlier version of Chrome from 50-, and later "zebra" from 60-?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I sold my M42 copy and bought a LTM copy to use on my rangefinder. Idea

I have both the LTM and the m42 on my shelf, it is indeed very nice lenses Wink

From the LTM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a lovely portrait!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one! I am curious about some night shots with lights at closed diaphragm Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice portrait, Lars ! And beautiful child!
What about difference between M42 - LTM (chrome) version?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are the same optically (LTM and m42). I compared the reflections in the elements and they are equal. The silver is a 85mm and could be different of course.

A few from the m42 version:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH! - those are great.
What wonderful results.
Thanks for sharing
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently tried mine on the a7ii with decent results. I am a huge fan of the zebra style (mostly german) short teles. I have the meyer trioplan 100/2.8, schact travenar 90mm 3.5, schneider tele-xenar 135.3.5, CZJ sonnar 135 3.5, enna tele ennalyt 135 3.5 and a vemar super bittco 135 3.5. All except the Bittco are really good. Those are all in Exakta mount though not the edixa versions. I'll have to see if I can find some of the photos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look for the Meyer Orestor 100mm f/2.8 is you like short good zebralenses, fantastic lens!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
You should look for the Meyer Orestor 100mm f/2.8 is you like short good zebralenses, fantastic lens!

Cannot agree more to that!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely put that on my list. Already searching for a tele quinon and isco westanar.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Schacht-Travenar is an amazing and fantastic lens. My picture is made with this lens in silver design and 85/2.8:

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next picture

DSC02194 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, just got this lens today in the Exakta mount, but something must be very wrong with my copy. it reaches infinity focus at 4 m distance on the focusing ring scale and then focuses way past infinity. Minimum focusing distance is also more than 1 m. Wide open the lens is very soft with a ton of abberations, it also swirls like crazy. The lens appears to have been opened in the past. My first theory is/was that the focusing rings aren t put togheter correctly, allowing the optical block to get too close to the focal plane/sensor. But....a big but....can this cause all sorts of abberations?

Wrong distance between lens elements? inverted element (it looks almost like a mod. Helios)? Missing element?

I opened the lens, the back group (behind the lens aperture) consists of only one element, looks to be in place correctly. At the front, the front lens is held in place by it s own retaining ring, after that a small block comes out and this looks to be really untouched. Everything gets into place well, no problems tightening anything.

I ll add that i CLA-ed more than 120 lenses by now Smile

Anyone has the optical diagram? Ideas, suggestions?
EDIT: Stupid me....just saw the optical diagram in an eaarlier post Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, thanx to the diagram....you can barely see the last element, but it does look to be inverted compared to most back elements in other lenses, that it the more convex/curved part of the element facing the front of the lens. Tried it and it works lika a charm! Wide open sample: