Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC X-Fujinon 1.6/50 on NEX-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: EBC X-Fujinon 1.6/50 on NEX-3 Reply with quote

Second copy of this lens I've had, first one was rotten, terrible CA and not very sharp. This copy is rather better. Smile

1:

100% crop:

2:

3:

4:

5:

100% crop:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

100% crop:

11:

12:

13:

14:

15:

16:

17:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful results!! Congrats!!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, a bit of nice sunlight makes such a difference. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, the lens does it's job very nicely. You've even got some nice circular bokeh in the picture of your Dad. Wink
I've got a Fujinon 55 2.2 ( not EBC ) sat on my desk that I tried a few weeks ago and liked a lot, the lens is sharp enough, good colours and great bokeh - circular with highlights. When I googled it I learned that it has a design I've never heard of before - Unar. I wonder if Fuji went there own way when designing lenses ?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Fuji had a few quite unusual lens designs, this 1.6/50 is a pretty conventional double gauss type:

The cheaper 1.9/50 is however, rather unusual:

The older 1.6/55 is also unusual, looks like a Biometar type to me:

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Mon May 25, 2015 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what I see, very nice copy, it has some character, very good sharpness, I am surprised that not to high contrast (which is good in my book), little LoCA, bokeh is variable it seems, but mostly nice, ...generally...I like Laughing
Cheers,
rado

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you bought the EBC version now. Wink
I was also thinking about but didn't change my mind finally as the AX-bayonet lenses are of limited use for me (neither on my Ricoh GXR nor on my FF DSLR usable). NEX only. Sad

Unfortunately we still don't know whether there is any difference in the final picture in comparison to the non-EBC version as discussed in the previous threat about this lens:

http://forum.mflenses.com/fuji-x-fujinon-11-6-f50mm-dm-t71183,highlight,+fujinon++50mm.html

Besides the rather unusual designs of some of the 50's from Fuji it's also remarkable that no other manufacturer that I know of has produced F1.6 lenses in this focal length.

However, I am still satisfied with my non-EBC variants which are in terms of lens design 100% identical.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an M42 Fujinon 55mm f2.2 which I would like to try, but the aperture pin needs to be depressed and my adapter does not oblige.

Before I reach for the Superglue - is their an easy fix ?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. I saw this one with a working AX-5 body very cheap so thought I'd give it a try. Although I have a LOT of 50-ish lenses that I really like, this one will get more use as I like it. It's as sharp wide open as anything else I've seen, and the CA really isn't too bad, the diffuse glow on highlights is something I can live with, especially as I'm not a person who shoots wide open much.

Here's some stitched images I also made:

#1:

#2:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

#8:

#9:

#10:

#11:

#12:

#13:

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good pano's, the colours are natural, which is what you want for that type of landscape. The lens does a good job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested the FUJI X-Fujinon 50mm 1.6 DM EBC this week end, and I really like it I have the 55mm 1.6 soon so I will compare.

On sony A7 X-Fujinon 50mm 1.6

@f8

@1.6

@f4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50/1,6