Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC FUJINON 50/1.4 M42 LENS - WIDE OPEN / STOPPED DOWN
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: EBC FUJINON 50/1.4 M42 LENS - WIDE OPEN / STOPPED DOWN Reply with quote

I wanted to share these 2 images. These were shot on a Canon 5D MIII with standard settings. No PP, just resize. One is at f/8 and the other is wide open.

f/8

wide open

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I know everyone just loves the wide open stuff, but of these 2 photos I prefer the stopped down pic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Nice! I know everyone just loves the wide open stuff, but of these 2 photos I prefer the stopped down pic.

I am totally with you. I also rate the F8 picture as the far better one.
At least I can say that the bokeh of the wide open picture isn't bad at all for my taste. Astonishing for only 6 aperture blades.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

At least I can say that the bokeh of the wide open picture isn't bad at all for my taste. Astonishing for only 6 aperture blades.

Sorry tb_a.
It seems you forgot that number of blades have no impact at all when the diaph is wide open. Wink
It has an incidence on the f8 photo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
tb_a wrote:
jamaeolus wrote:

Sorry tb_a.
It seems you forgot that number of blades have no impact at all when the diaph is wide open. Wink
It has an incidence on the f8 photo.

You're principally right. However, when I looked at the full size picture it appeared to me that the bubbles haven't been totally round but rather in an octagon style (lower right corner). I've rechecked it now and I am not totally sure any longer. Not all lenses have fully round apertures when wide open. Some of my lenses are limited by the blades and not by the tube when fully open. I think it depends on the lens design. However, I don't know the design of this particular lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
You're principally right. However, when I looked at the full size picture it appeared to me that the bubbles haven't been totally round but rather in an octagon style (lower right corner). I've rechecked it now and I am not totally sure any longer. Not all lenses have fully round apertures when wide open. Some of my lenses are limited by the blades and not by the tube when fully open. I think it depends on the lens design. However, I don't know the design of this particular lens.

Thank you Thomas for the precision.
I didn't notice or even paid attention to the fact that the blades may be apparent when diaph is wide open.