Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC Fujinon 1.8/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:54 am    Post subject: EBC Fujinon 1.8/55 Reply with quote

I bought this lens recently and brought it with me to California. Here are a few shots.
It is a nice lens although the focusing is a little bit stiff.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusing might loosen up a little more with use and warmer weather.
This is an excellent lens and probably one of the best value Fujinons around.
Nice images
OH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s a fantastic go to lens. I`ve tried most of the Japanese 50 something 1.8`s and kept only this and the RE Auto Topcor 58 1.8, they are on a par. This one handles low indoor light and flare better and is a great all round lens, cheap as chips too. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed. A very good lens!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Glad to hear you consider it a good lens. I wanted a Fujinon lens and saw it recommended
on Flickr as a good M42 mount lens by Arkku. I am pleased with the performance of the lens.
I had to file off a little tab to use it.
The stiff focus is frustrating since it is a screw mount lens; it wants to come off the camera.
Has anyone had any experience lubricating this lens?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Focusing might loosen up a little more with use and warmer weather.
OH

I advise caution about racking the focus to loosen a lens helicoid, I seized a lens that way