Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

eBay Seller Trouble
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: eBay Seller Trouble Reply with quote

I purchased a computer system from eCollegePC on eBay, and also ordered upgrades:

2 additional GB of RAM to make 4GB of RAM total
Computer shows only 2 GB on board Evil or Very Mad

Upgrade of DVDRW with Lightscribe technology
Computer does not recognize the DVD-RW, won't even light up Rolling Eyes

Upgrade to Wireless 802.11G LAN card
Computer does not recognize wireless card Confused

Holy Cow! That is an excessive amount of problems! I think I could fix the DVD and Wireless IF it's a matter of connection cables and slot seating, but I don't want to open the computer and void the warranty.

I emailed them a few minutes ago, and we'll see what happens. Dang it anyway. Sad Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Sorry to hear your trouble, I hope seller willl fix his mistake soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Seller Trouble Reply with quote

Did you check ...

Laurence wrote:
2 additional GB of RAM to make 4GB of RAM total
Computer shows only 2 GB on board Evil or Very Mad

Did you check BIOS or in Windows XP ? I heard XP does not recognize more than 2 Gb

Laurence wrote:

Upgrade to Wireless 802.11G LAN card
Computer does not recognize wireless card Confused

Did you check if they installed the correct drivers?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: eBay Seller Trouble Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:

Holy Cow! That is an excessive amount of problems! I think I could fix the DVD and Wireless IF it's a matter of connection cables and slot seating, but I don't want to open the computer and void the warranty.

I emailed them a few minutes ago, and we'll see what happens. Dang it anyway. Sad Evil or Very Mad

I do agree that i also would be frustrated ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XP 32bit doesn't recognize more than 3-3.4GB (depending on chipset).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Computer woes Reply with quote

Hi,

I think you will find that a 3GB limit is a function of having a 32bit address space - to get more one needs a 64bit operating system, hence the adoption of Vista 64 for those with heavy duty (Photoshop) needs...?

The wireless card may be a seating error, or may be a driver problem as some cards for Vista do not seem to be recognized in XP even though Vista (and Linux which I use in preference to XP or Vista) recognizes the card correctly...

Just a thought.

Doug

PS Most amusing memory of 2008? Watching Oregonians trying to cope with a few inches of snow around Portland. Coming from the mid-West where 4ft is not uncommon I thought it hilarious....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all of you!

I stand corrected on the RAM indication. Looking in the BIOS there IS 4GB of RAM present. Looks like XP is using 1.13GB for its own function.

I did receive a timely answer back from them, especially since it is New Years Day.

They indicated that I would not void the warranty if I wanted to look for seating of the LAN card and to make sure the SATA cable to the DVD-RW is hooked up.

I will be opening the computer soon, and I'll give you a synopsis of the situation.

Thanks again all of you for taking the time to reply, it is appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tech support worked with me on NEW YEARS DAY!!! I was allowed to open the computer without voiding the warranty. Pushed in a connector on the CD, and seated the wireless card....and voila!

I can't prove any wrongdoing on their part - this might have happened in shipping. So I will leave good feedback.

All is well! Thanks for following along!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Great!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All's well that ends well - great news indeed!