Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ebay id: yeleleo Russian seller experience
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Ebay id: yeleleo Russian seller experience Reply with quote

Today found the conclusion of a CZ tessar 4.5/40 that I bought from a russian seller : yeleleo
Click here to see on Ebay

After 2 months of waiting today the lens arrived and it is perfectly as described. For the last couple months Leo mailed me every few days to see if the lens arrived. All my inquiries he responded to within hours. The shipping box was quite damaged in transit. Fortunately the lens was double boxed and had extra protection between the boxes. The post was fully to blame on this one. The postmark is 5-12-08 actually 2 days before I wired him the payment. Anyway I just wanted to share a good experience with a good seller for a change. Very Happy

Andy

Samples will follow when Michelle brings home my 40D Rolling Eyes She has it on vacation.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it all worked out. Unfortunately, packages pass through a lot of hands when they come from overseas.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian posts can be late from two reason mostly:

1) Not send as air-mail ordinary postal package or mail delivery time can be this long to overseas.
2) Many customs like Italian like to sitting on those packages what are come out from EU.

Congrats for this beautiful lens! This is one of the few Carl Zeiss Jena lenses what I still miss from my collection.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for moving. I forgot about this section Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats sunshine!
will wait some samples

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great purchase, Andy.
You know I rate this lens at the very top of Zeiss Jena catalogue.
You will love it for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys
I have 3 copies now. I think I should pass one to another member. I promised Attila if I sold one so he has first strike. First I should test and make sure all are the same or similar. One is a standard larger body. Two are like this one the pancake style. It is one of these pancakes I will let go. All three are T-coated. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ! Let me know when you are ready.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Thanks Guys
I have 3 copies now.

oops! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read, here a member complaint, that this lens is too sharp. I cant imagine having this problem... a lens that is too sharp. Very Happy
Is it true this lens soooooo sharp?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bruce
That was our member Voytek. I think maybe his thought was lost in the translation. For the shots he was presenting the lens was too sharp. The 4.5/40 is an amazing lens. If you ever get the chance take it. It is a very favorable focal length for 35x24 framing. Also the simple tessar design is well controlled and easy to use in most lighting situations. It is a bit dark for low light. Good thing the saints at CZ gave us the Planar for those times Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have been tracking German Ebay since I read Voytek's complaint. I plan to wear heavy leather gloves when I find to buy. Very Happy
Seems more so an Exacta lens?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce
You should list your gear in the signature line of your profile . I don't know what you shoot. If you are a cropped Canon DSLR shooter this lens is an auto green light for you. It has a protruding rear element housing that prohibits mounting on many cams but not no problem on most cropped dslr cameras. Please list your gear. We love to have you participate here and it is helpful to know what you are working with Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:

If you are a cropped Canon DSLR shooter this lens is an auto green light for you.

Yes this is me… A Canon 400d, my first cam ever, bought in March-08. So I am extremely new to 135 format [aps-c 135]. All previous experience is in audio/video/lighting/editing. I’m ready for an upgrade already as my 400d is well learned… so next logical step seems a 40d or Pentax k20d, can’t make up my mind. Which lenses to keep may force purchase of both cams.
F16SUNSHINE wrote:
We love to have you participate here and it is helpful to know what you are working with Smile
Thanks for your attention in my direction Andy: I am purely a hobbyist spending all my retirement moneys on lenses so I can find motivation to continue the day job. Very Happy My first GAS attack started by the purchasing of microphones, many German/Russian, but lenses have become far more interesting. My goal, like many here I suspect, is to make the “perfect image” Besides, I find all you guys far too interesting and knowledgeable to keep away from! Very Happy I'll try work on this signature ASAP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool