Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Easy filter ring dent removal TTP with photos.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAPIX wrote:
Hi all,

i am new here and would love to get those pictures that were in the original post of this topic. Is there any chance they could be reposted?

A friend of mine just dropped my beloved Yashica lynx 14 and now it has a bad one sided dent. ;(

Thanks in advance.

Hi & welcome to the forum!
That must class as a valid reason for reviving an old thread (something some forums can be funny about).

I'd find the original images useful too even though I've been on this forum for years.
The image from Lloydy is still present & is good enough for me to work on my damaged lenses (if i ever find the time) but seeing other options would be nice Smile

Hope your Yashica can be restored 100%

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember where I put the originals. I'll look.

edit. Hmmm cant find them, I hope this illustrates how its done.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the jig I made ages ago, mostly out of ABS Plastic ( because I had some ) but wood would be OK as well. I cut different formers to suit the lens I'm repairing by drawing around the undameged part of the lens. The base is to support it, and the lens is suported by foam packing and bits of cardboard - leaving both hands free. The punch in the picture is ABS, which is a bit hard and could damage the thread if struck too hard, but I've used it many times and with care has been successful. Wood or a softer plastic might be better. The punch is easy to reshape with a file. The bit of electrical tape in the former is just to protect the paint.

If the threads are crushed I use a thread repair tool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really great! My lens was broken and I am looking for a lens like this to capture better pictures. I hope to find one since it is rarely seen nowadays. click

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I feel sad. I hope there's a way for you to retrieve it!

elopement photographer in atlanta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you will find a replacement for your lense! This is a great lense to begin with! concrete services

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject: Fixed? Reply with quote

Oh no, did you end up finding a new one or getting that one fixed up? air duct cleaners

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAPIX wrote:
Hi all,

i am new here and would love to get those pictures that were in the original post of this topic. Is there any chance they could be reposted?

A friend of mine just dropped my beloved Yashica lynx 14 and now it has a bad one sided dent. ;(

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately I don't have (or rather can't find) the original pictures. Many pics on the forum were lost a few years ago due to a computer glitch. The drawings were intended as a replacement.

I'll look around to see if I've another dented lens and take some pics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhonny022117 wrote:
I hope you will find a replacement for your lense! This is a great lense to begin with! bulk gypsum for sale thomas f shannon

Same thing. Hope this gets fixed.
wedding films

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original pics were lost a while ago when the site had a glitch. Sadly I no longer have them. Doesn't my diagramme help?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this great information. land surveyor Hialeah FL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a wonderful filter ring dent removal! I am looking for a removal that is effective. Thanks for this! concrete repair tuscaloosa al