Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

easiest lens storage in the bag
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: easiest lens storage in the bag Reply with quote

Ha ha, also a DIY:

In the depth of my camera bag it's sometimes not so easy to catch for a lens, which is stored under a second one.
For that case I simply glued backcaps together (and for secure fixed them with little screws at the inner rim).
So I can take lens out and have more freedom for manual operation in lens change:

have fun

Last edited by duckrider on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brilliant!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leitz is/was also producing such rear caps Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Leitz is/was also producing such rear caps Smile

Yepp, but as far as I know, they made an OPEN ring, so you had to have two lenses fitted or the backside was open. Mine works with only one lens fitted !

Today live is much more easier with ordering these very cheap copied caps from china, in earlier times original caps weren't cheap to get.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckrider wrote:

Yepp, but as far as I know, they made an OPEN ring, so you had to have two lenses fitted or the backside was open. Mine works with only one lens fitted !

They were not opened and you could keep a single lens fitted without problems. I had 2 of them (for Leica R - sold now). They were very solid but a little to thick.
Anyway, nice idea.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
They were not opened and you could keep a single lens fitted without problems.

Hey, Your'e right!
I did only know these:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODk0WDEwMjQ=/z/nNQAAMXQVERSw-ZX/$_72.JPG

but there's no idea, which is not thought already!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know about the open-ring ones. Smile
One nice thing about gluing 2 back caps together is that you can use 2 different mounts to fit your particular lenses.
I'll try it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works.

I did it some time ago for my summilux 35/1,4 and 75/1,4.

Great.

Your idea of sharing it is very good.