Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

E-P2 or E-PL1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: E-P2 or E-PL1 Reply with quote

I would be able to get the same price Oly EP-2 or E-PL1. What is the difference between these. Which would be more comfortable?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-P2 have better metal body, better in body image stabilizer (up to 4 stops advantage), 2 dials (for better control) and more buttons. It also have an orientation sensor.

If the price is close you will definitely get the E-P2(which i believe is the case unless you want to have the 2 zooms kit).

If possible get the silver one (E-P1 style) - the black paint over the metal parts is very easy to scratch.

if you are in Europe maybe it's a good idea to check the following seller on ebay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/olympusmarket

I have got my e-p2 in kit with the zoom and VF-2 for 450 Eur from there in virtually new condition and it was only on 50 shutter acutations . You can check the completed listings for an average price.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your good advice .OlyMarket E-P2 price is roughly the same level as that which is available here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EP-2 would be the better bet, but the clincher will be the controls, which are better on that.

Try to get your hands on each or the reviews via google.