Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

E-P2 + FD 135/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: E-P2 + FD 135/2 Reply with quote

So, i recently got an E-P2, and, well, I've kinda been hoarding FD glass. I went for a walk downtown today with the 135/2.0, and I have to say this combination is a LOT of fun:

[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got some FD pieces around and recently did some samples of my 50mm macro here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you handheld those? Surprised I found 135 to be rather difficult to focus and compose handheld...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Did you handheld those? Surprised I found 135 to be rather difficult to focus and compose handheld...

I did. I'll admit that the 135 was a bit of a handful, and I'm not sure I could have done the same on a GF1, to be honest. As much as people like to say "it's not the camera", in this case I think the camera has a lot to do with it.

The 1.4MP EVF makes focusing possible without mucking about with the magnfication. I was only half-joking when I said that moire was a good focus indicator. Smile

And at 135mm (270mm-e), it is a bit jumpy through even the EVF. But you can set the focal length of a manual focus lens to enable the IS, which I'm sure made a difference.

Though, it's not like you get long exposures in full sun at f/2.0 Smile

-Aleksandr "Zandr"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I thought the IBIS on EPx doesn't come into effect during focusing and is only active at exposure? In that case you must have very steady hand. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aleksanderpolo wrote:
Thanks, I thought the IBIS on EPx doesn't come into effect during focusing and is only active at exposure? In that case you must have very steady hand. Smile

You are correct, the IS is only active at exposure. As a Canon (and LX3) shooter, this is a bit odd to me. But Oly and Pentax (and Sony?) SLR shooters are used to it. Smile

This particular combination isn't too bad, though. The body is light enough relative to the lens that you end up taking most of the weight with the hand holding the lens. It's a bit jittery, but not unreasonable.

The shot of the cyclamen was the toughest, but that's mostly because I was at MFD and trying to put the focal plane somewhere interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would think also the evf allows you to brace the camera against your face in a way that the lcd doesnt allow. that makes for much steadier focusing and shooting. i am thinking of trading up my ep1 for ep2 just for this reason.