Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

E mount replacement kit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: E mount replacement kit Reply with quote

the original E mount on cameras is partly plastic and some say therefore it's not strong enough and will bend with heavy lenses attached.
Photodiox now offers a full metal replacement mount: http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/you-cna-now-change-the-e-mount-of-your-camera-with-a-full-metal-mount/

read the comments though, 'Guy' makes good points why the partly plastic mount makes sense

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great marketing name, the Toughi E mount Laughing very clever.

Hi Kuuan, a little OT but I have just received a 2.8/105 Takumar preset lens...a very very nice lens....nice and compact Cool

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most welcome Jesito!

mo wrote:
It's a great marketing name, the Toughi E mount Laughing very clever.

Hi Kuuan, a little OT but I have just received a 2.8/105 Takumar preset lens...a very very nice lens....nice and compact Cool

congrats Mo!
I have all the 4 versions of 2.8/105mm Taks, the preset, the Auto, Super and S-M-C. The preset is the one that I have used the most and the one I like best, amazingly small it is, great handling.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a lovely lens to handle,many thanks for your encouragement when it comes to these Pentax lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen mount bending on Nex-3 or A7, even if I have used some quite heavy lenses like aerial lenses.
Well, maybe there are people who are only holding the camera when a 3kg lens is mounted on it. Sound logic to me that when you are using heavy lens, you have to take care how you hold it, to not create big bending force on the mount.

On Nex-3, I believe that if the new mount won't bend, another part of the camera will...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On NEX, there is metal under the plastic parts in the mount to hold the lens. This metal mount may cause problem on some lens adapters.

P.S. The news A7S use an all metal mount like the VG series camcorders.