Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

E Ludwig Meritar Red V 50mm f2.9 exakta examples.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: E Ludwig Meritar Red V 50mm f2.9 exakta examples. Reply with quote

I got my E Ludwig Meritar Red V 50mm f2.9 exakta.

Here are some pictures of the lens.

These are taken with my Canon EOS-M with adapter. All pictures are wide open, with zero processing.

At close to infinity

Overall, I am surprised by the lens. I wasn't expecting it to be as sharp as it is wide open, or as much unique bokeh. Or at least for $35 plus adapter cost.

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very cool lens! Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
Looks like a very cool lens! Thanks for posting.

Indeed and it suits your Canon EOS-M very well.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are looking good. I found one very cheap (as in shipping costs more) that is coming in also with a red V and a s in a triangle? Anybody know their meaning? Maybe related to other German manufacturers? E.ludwig was integrated into Pentacon VEB at some point. This is what the lens looks like:

seller pic

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
These are looking good. I found one very cheap (as in shipping costs more) that is coming in also with a red V and a s in a triangle? Anybody know their meaning? Maybe related to other German manufacturers? E.ludwig was integrated into Pentacon VEB at some point.

The red V means it s coated, i think that at some point they stopped using that red V as all lenses on the market where coated by then, the triangle is a quality standard mark, opinions will vary on what exactly it means, in my opinion it means that the lens as a model meets a quality standard set by the east German photo industry. Some people think that it means that their copy went thru testing and was found to be very good and it was meant for export. I have the later version, that looks like an Apollo space module Smile No red V but obviously coated, no quality marking.

Last edited by tomasg on Fri May 29, 2020 9:40 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomasg wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
These are looking good. I found one very cheap (as in shipping costs more) that is coming in also with a red V and a s in a triangle? Anybody know their meaning? Maybe related to other German manufacturers? E.ludwig was integrated into Pentacon VEB at some point. This is what the lens looks like:

seller pic

The red V means it s coated, the triangle is a quality standard mark, opinions will vary on what exactly it means, in my opinion it means that the lens as a model meets a quality standard set by the east German photo industry. Some people think that it means that their copy went thru testing and was found to be very good and it was meant for export. I have the later version, that looks like an Apollo space module Smile

The seller sold another one two days later (it is an auction site) (for 3,5 times as much which is still cheap) and that lens has no markings but does seem to have the same coatings, so maybe the symbols were just for being able to ask more money hehe.

Your copy is looking great. If they would relaunch one like this they would ask $600 for it Wink